Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker
Accepted Solution

Slow mo only in selected parts of the video

So ive been seeing these cool videos out there, where you watch some part of it in normal speed, and then at a specific point the video turns slow mo, and then it goes back to the normal speed.
In my go pro app i can only make the entire video either in slo mo, normal speed, or fast forward, but I cannot apply it to specific or certain different parts of the video.
What am I missing ?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Slow mo only in selected parts of the video

Hey I don't want to misunderstand your question but I think it will help you if you watch this video  https://youtu.be/m7F-C_XDXig?t=3752

I think I left it exaclty when they are talknig about slo-mo and some multi clip. It is a 1:02:32 and if you can watch the whole thing is very helpful. I know they talk a lot but the moments he shows the functions are very helpful.

Also look at 32:18 you might find this part helpful. And lastly I think is at 40:00 also watch that portion.

I hope you find this helpful.

View solution in original post

Join us as we learn how to create unique edits using the GoPro App with GoPro family member Kyle @barekiwi. We will cover Kyle's favorite tricks and tips whe...

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @eladdale. You are on the right track. For a single video, only one speed level can be applied - normal, or sped up, or slowed down. 

It could be that the video you saw is a multi-clip edit which means a combination of videos with different speeds, or it could be a single TimeWarp video utilizing the Real Time feature. 

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi @mariustanya thanks for your comment.
It is definitely not a time warp video that goes to real speed and then back to time watp, although that sounds dope too and I should check that out - how do i apply that real time feature?
I didnt seem to find it.

And about the multi-clip edit - in the gopro app there doesn’t seem to be a way to do such thing, could you advise me on an easy way to do so ?

And a word to the @GoPro staff - even in my iphone 11 there is a built in feature that allows me to select a specific moment in my video in which i can choose to apply slo-mo, and go back to real time, it doesn’t seem to my unprofessional self something that is too complicated to do in 2020, and im pretty sure that a lot of gopro’ers, especially beginner like me - would thank you for, so why not include it in the camera itself or at the very least in the gopro mobile app ?
Something to think about ...
Highlighted
Hiker

You can do a multi clip in the App.
When you have your clip click on the 3 dots on the top right and it will give you the option to duplicate. Trimm just to the part you want normal in the 1st, the in the duplicate do the slo-mo, duplicate again and do normal etc. You can trim your duplicates and make nice videos like the one you mentioned.
Let me know if this helped.
Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the feedback, @eladdale. We will pass this along to the team in charge. 

The Realtime feature in the TimeWarp mode is available as long as your HERO8 Black is updated to the latest firmware. When you start the TimeWarp recording, you will see a speedometer icon on the screen, pressing the icon will let the camera record at normal speed, pressing it again will resume the chosen TimeWarp setting. 

To learn more about multi-clip editing, see https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-Create-A-Multi-Clip-Edit-in-the-GoPro-App/ta-p/388336 .

Highlighted
Hiker

Thank you both @hred01 & @mariustanya.

@hred01 your feedback is helpful, but there is no way (to my knowledge at least) to combine the clips in the app itself.

@mariustanya thanks for the info 🙏🏼
Highlighted
Hiker

Hey I don't want to misunderstand your question but I think it will help you if you watch this video  https://youtu.be/m7F-C_XDXig?t=3752

I think I left it exaclty when they are talknig about slo-mo and some multi clip. It is a 1:02:32 and if you can watch the whole thing is very helpful. I know they talk a lot but the moments he shows the functions are very helpful.

Also look at 32:18 you might find this part helpful. And lastly I think is at 40:00 also watch that portion.

I hope you find this helpful.

Join us as we learn how to create unique edits using the GoPro App with GoPro family member Kyle @barekiwi. We will cover Kyle's favorite tricks and tips whe...
Highlighted
Hiker

Hey @hred01 - actually yes, it was very helpful. Great video.
I actually didn’t know i could do most of the things they explained, so that’s awesome. Thanks .