Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Slomo recording and saving in Mobile app

Hello!

I want to create a couple of slomo videos at 1080-240 fps and then combine them into 1 long video using the "auto create video" in the mobile app.

When I play them back on the Hero * black, they are indeed in slomotion. When I download them in the app they are not, I have to slow them down via the "speed" option in the app.

All other recordings and photo's works like a charm in the app with this "auto create video" option. except for the slomo videos.

Question: Is it me doing something wrong and can you tell me how to do this or do I have to do this in post production?

I'm on Oneplus 6 running latest Android, GoPro Hero 8 Black.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Slomo recording and saving in Mobile app

@zebology, when activating the Slo-Mo feature, this allows you to slow the footage down to 4x normal speed during playback in the camera. Technically, the videos aren't recorded in slow motion. The footage could be captured at high speed such as 120 or 240 FPS but are still the same frame rate on playback.

Thus, you'll have to manually change the clip's speed when editing them through the app.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

@zebology, when activating the Slo-Mo feature, this allows you to slow the footage down to 4x normal speed during playback in the camera. Technically, the videos aren't recorded in slow motion. The footage could be captured at high speed such as 120 or 240 FPS but are still the same frame rate on playback.

Thus, you'll have to manually change the clip's speed when editing them through the app.

Highlighted
Tourist

Ah like that! I understand now, thank you.