Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Since the last update of app, i can't control my gopro 7 black

[ New ]

Yesterday, it worked, i saw the camera picture, i could use the shutter, however even if the camera set to 100 max 400 ISO it was taking pictures in 2100 ISO...

Today, the shutter, and camera picture still worked, but when i tried to change settings, i just got a white X icon, and all settings remained the same, while the APP showed wifi icon crossed out, but still i've been seeing the live picture, and also the android wifi setting shows that it's connected actually to the gopro.

So i've restarted the app. After that it connects to gopro wifi, but the picture in the APP is blank, and everyting is greyed out, and again, the phone is connected to gopro wifi.

How about testing the crap you release, from your idiotic, low quality, probably cheap indian "programmers"?

GoPro

Re: Since the last update of app, i can't control my gopro 7 black

[ New ]

Hi @disconnect

Please try resetting the connection.
Press and hold the image of the camera on the app, delete the entry from your camera history. 
Delete the GoPro camera under the Bluetooth and Wi-Fi entries in your mobile device’s settings before attempting to re-pair to your GoPro.

If it's still the same, please reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

Of course it does not work, as what you wrote, is simple BS.

My phone can successfull connect to gopro wifi, but after some seconds "we have a problem connecting...", again again, as gopro software (both firmware and the APPs are pure junk, made by idiots, for cheap (for gopro, but very expensive for use, end users) ).

And you're developing extra features like "video editing" which is a pure useless junk too, but the worst, that not even the BASIC functions work.

gopro is junk

Hiker

[ New ]

anyone with the patience to use an app to control a camera or edit footage has the patience of a saint. the more i use it the more i hate it; mural is nothing more than a reskin of the previous broken app; actually find it more troublesome to connect and takes 20-30min to download a 5gb file - why would you even bother only to have to download again on a proper machine

its just such a clumsy approach to what is a proven efficient method - PC/Mac + mouse and a remote.

Who's coming up with these amazing useless innovations?? please give them a camera and phone to try it themselves please - especially while 4wding or on a rocking boat (don't forget the bucket)

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

What device are you using?

One thing you can also try to connect:
- send app to background and manually connect to the camera from their phone’s WiFi settings
- you can find the password by putting the camera in Pairing mode , then hitting the Info button on camera

Some phones and some regions require that the camera be in a 2.4GHz wifi band so you may want to check that as well. This has to be changed on the camera > Preferences / Connections / Bandwidth
Hiker

[ New ]

As i wrote, the app CAN connect to gopro wifi, but after that writes "we had trouble..." Same happens with 2,4 and 5 ghz mode.

Then one day after without any change in settings, works... then not again, then works again, randomly. Sometimes works with phone, and not with tablet, sometimes the opposite, sometimes not at all, sometimes both works. Just like the randomly drained batteries, in OFF state.

Simply, the APP is broken (too), as obviously gopro has no QA, but a huge marketing division, to sell their low quality, problematic, bugged junk, like it would be the best.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @disconnect

We have recently released an update for the GoPro App.

Please make sure you are on the latest version.

What phone are you using?

You may also test this with another phone to help isolate the issue.

Thanks!

Ej