Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Show new media first

Since march 2019, when I connect my GoPro hero6 black with the iOS app, the app shows me the medias on my camera from the oldest to the newest. So I have to wait that all the medias on my memory card load before having access to my new media. This can take several minutes and it really anoys me! I have to wait 5 to 7 minutes to have access one on two pictures I have just taken... Lots of wasted time. 
It used to not be like that. Before march 2019, the app showed me the new medias first. 
I didn't find any way to go back the the old settings. Help please :) 
(sorry for my bad english!)

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Show new media first

I bought a new SD card and since I use it, the problem seems to be solved! 
Thank you very much!!! 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

@isabooh, the media files are sorted out based on the date they were captured (from newest to oldest). Are the files dated incorrectly? If so, check if your GoPro camera's date is set up correctly.

Additionally, please ensure to have the latest version of the GoPro App installed on your mobile device.

Highlighted
GoPro

@isabooh One thing I would do is to download all media and then do a clean up of you sd card > format. It will erase everything to help start fresh.

Highlighted
Tourist

The files are dated correctly.
I also have the latest version of the GoPro App...
Thank you for your help!

Highlighted
GoPro

Are things working now? Did you format your SD card?

Highlighted
Tourist

I did not format it yet. I do not have acces to my external back up disc for now, it is at my friend's house. 
But I don't see how it would change the way my app shows me my medias... 
Before they change the app last March, everything worked fine. Before, I was able to see my pictures from the newest to the oldest, so I didn't have to wait that the whole thing was loaded to see the last picture I took (this can take up to 10 minutes and I can't let it load while doing something else on my phone otherwise it does not load).
And before March I was also able to import the medias to my photo directly without having to load them in the app first and they on my phone... One more step that takes more time... I can't believe I'm the only one experiencing that (I search on the internet) and being annoyed by that... The solution can't be to empty my memory card everytime?

Highlighted
GoPro

Of course, I undertand what you mean - I canno't reproduce the issue that you have, when I connect my GoPro to GoPro App I always see on top all the newest media - not the old ones - so I was thinking a reset would be nice > factory reset on the camera, format of the SD card, maybe clean install of the app. It's an idea to fix this unsual behavior.

This new method of saving files - save to app, then save to phone - comes with a few benefits including better/faster storage quality, live streaming directly to Facebook fan pages, permanent media storage for Quikstories, and others. Check out this page for more info https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/How-to-View-Copy-and-Delete-Media-Using-the-GoPro-App/ta-p/388290

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it. As soon as I have acces to my back up external disc, I will try what you suggest. Nothing to loose anyways :)
Thanks for the link also! I learned many things!