Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Session 5 won't reupload videos to the cloud

[ New ]

Connected up my session 5 to mains power and it uploaded 12 vids to the cloud, checked on the ios app and deleted a few of the vids i didnt want... however it deleted the ones i wanted to keep...

Deleted all the videos and decided to start fresh.

Reconnected the go-pro to the mains and its now saying there is no new media to upload

I cant manually download each video to my phone as it uses mobile data (for some daft reason) and the video (3 mins) will time out half way through

I'm paying £5 per month for a service that clearly doesnt work!

I was going to upgrade to a hero 7 black but this is just frustrating ! 

GoPro Community Manager

Re: Session 5 won't reupload videos to the cloud

[ New ]

@deftpeak07211 - If you've already uploaded the content from the camera to Quik for Desktop once, Quik will likely recognize the content and not try to import it again. As an option, you can import the content and then upload it to your PLUS account using other methods.

We have some options at https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Add-Media-to-GoPro-Plus that will walk you through how to do this. The method I often use is to move the files directly from the SD card using an SD card adapter onto a folder on my computer. Then, I go into my account in Quik and make sure that that folder is listed in the Media Folders in the Settings section of the platform. Then, when Quik scans that folder, the files will be added to the PLUS cloud account.

Tourist

[ New ]
Can’t use ‘Quik’ as it doesn’t like windows 7

I’m purely using the iOS app but I’m guessing I’m stuck? Be a lot easier if there was an option in the app to reupload again.
I’m spent so much time messing about today I’ve given up and put the session up for sale
GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

You can import to Quik directly from the SD card. If you want to upload to your PLUS account without using Quik for Desktop, you can upload through the GoPro.com site too. Instructions are at https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/How-to-Add-Media-to-GoPro-Plus.

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for the reply

I’ve just tried what you have suggested and it seems to be uploading the videos from the iOS app. (I’ve tried all day to manually download them from the camera hence why I have a few videos now stored on the app)

However I still have a few videos which refuse to download and are on the camera (SD card)

There is a cloud symbol on each of the videos in the app BUT not on the videos on the actual camera ... if that makes sense?
GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

The cloud symbol typically means that you're viewing the version of that file that's already uploaded to you cloud account.

Tourist

[ New ]
So.... all it’s done is reupload the videos from the app back to the cloud.

(Because these were already on the app I could save to my camera roll)

But I still have 3 videos on the camera/SD card that won’t upload to the cloud AND won’t manually download using mobile data (what kind of an idea is that?!)

So I’m still at square one but just used a load of mobile data!
GoPro Community Manager

[ New ]

If the content is on your camera and you're trying to import to your phone, I'm not clear how that uses your mobile data. The connection is made through the wifi signal sent from the GoPro itself. If you try to then upload that content to the cloud, that could use mobile data, but if that's a concern, you can go into your settings on the Quik app and set the "Mobile Upload Settings" to upload only when connected to wifi.

As another option, you can move those files manually onto your computer and then sync them with Quik and to your cloud account through Quik for Desktop or directly through an upload at GoPro.com