Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Session 5 keeps turning off when sorting footage in GoPro App

I'd like to sort through my footage before downloading it. Im pretty sure the camera and the go pro app is supposed to do this?
It seems to work for about 5 minutes then the camera beeps and turns off. Then I have to reconect etc all again - and I can't browse the net in this time as I have to connect to the camera using wifi.
Is there a way to connect the go pro to my ipad without relying on wireless technology which is pretty slow and takes up my WIFI?
I've ended up just resorting to using my laptop to edit footage but this is not what I wanted.

Thanks for any help here!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Session 5 keeps turning off when sorting footage in GoPro App

Hi @spirywave3465,

If you are using your iPad near your home network it is likely switching to that network causing connection issues. The Camera makes its own WiFi that is used to connect the camera to your device, but is not a network that uses internet. I would try forgetting your home network while connected to your camera to avoid any connection issues.

Best,

Ryan

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Session 5 keeps turning off when sorting footage in GoPro App

Hi @spirywave3465,

If you are using your iPad near your home network it is likely switching to that network causing connection issues. The Camera makes its own WiFi that is used to connect the camera to your device, but is not a network that uses internet. I would try forgetting your home network while connected to your camera to avoid any connection issues.

Best,

Ryan