Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Session 4 file freeze

[ New ]
Session 4: app will start counting the time remaining up, after doing the whole transfer up till end
The transferring from the hero 4 session to the iOS app starts to count the time remaining upwards, when getting down to about 1:55-2:00 minutes, like this: 1:55, 1:56, 1:57, etc... can someone please tell me how to fix this problem, so I can finish downloading the whole file?
Thanks,
LNBCubed
GoPro

Re: Session 4 file freeze

[ New ]

Hello @lnbcubed. Is this an issue that you observe all the time? Does the app ever complete the download? 

There are times when the GoPro App would not show a progressive time but this happens only within a few seconds after the download or import is initiated. Eventually, the app should show decreasing amount of time while it transfers GoPro footage from the camera to your phone. 

Make sure that your phones are updated to the latest OS version (iOS 13.1.2) and that you have the latest version of the GoPro App (v6.1) installed as well. After the updates, restart your phone and try pairing with the camera again. Let us know how it goes with the import after this step. 

Hiker

[ New ]

It still never completes download. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Are you able to play the videos on GoPro App prior to downloading them? Does it give you any  error message or notification at all? Which version of the GoPro App do you have? Which phone model are you using and which OS is it running on? Do you have enough internal storage space left on your phone? These details will help us get a better understanding of what is happening. Hope to hear back from you. 

Hiker

[ New ]

I have enough storage, it is an iPad Air 1 runs iOS 12.2.4, the latest final update, I'm able to play the vid just fine, no error messages. The newest version of the app also. 

Hiker

[ New ]
Anything that could help me?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @lnbcubed

We have recently released an update for the GoPro app both on Android and iOS.

Please make sure to restart your phone before pairing it with the camera again.Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]

I got it to work through the pc, I can still try it on the app, if you want me to though.