Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer

Screen Orientation frustration

Have Hero 8 and Hero 5, both have same issue when using GoPro mobile app on iOS.  I want to use GoPro as a stage monitor during plays, streaming to a tv backstage for them to see where we are  in the show.  But when I connect my iOS device running GoPro app to a an external source (like tv or projector) it does not follow the display on the mobile device, but insists on displaying the device in portrait mode, even if I am viewing in landscape on the device.  Bizarely, this means a portrait rectangle on the tv (with a lot of black on the sides!) but rotates the actual video sideways.  Ends up with a miniscule view of what the GoPro is seeing.  Any suggestions?

Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Screen Orientation frustration

Is the orientation on the GoPro locked in portrait mode? What happens if you turn the camera on its side?

Highlighted
Sightseer

no, it is not.  I always use it in landscape.

Highlighted
GoPro

My 2 cents here:

Is your TV supporting Airplay mode? You might get away with it by projecting via Airplay while the phone is in landscape. You might get your full screen image.