Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Re: Saving a frame from GoPro Max 360 photo doesn’t save photo at correct orientation

[ New ]
Got it, thanks for the details. On each of the photos I shared, the Max was at a 45 degree angle to the ground. Since the Max is on a selfie stick and needs to be directly in line with the pole (unlike Hero models where you angle the camera lens to point at you, so the pole is in the photo), when you hold it up for a selfie with maximum distance from the group, you usually end up pointing it at the sky, above the heads of everyone in the group.

I’ll admit it looks weird to my friends and family who don’t know how 360 cameras work — it looks like no one is in the shot! But it gets the camera and extra foot or two away from the subjects of the photo.
Hiker

Re: Saving a frame from GoPro Max 360 photo doesn’t save photo at correct orientation

[ New ]
Here’s what I mean — maybe I’m doing it wrong? Or does everyone do Max selfies this way?
79707050-C9B5-408F-BD03-8E713FEA6FAB.png
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks @pbiggs for the cool shot explanation - yep exactly what I mean, that is what's in the bug report :) 

If you're interested you can get the beta (note that the fix isn't there yet)

To beta test GoPro App you will have to fill out a NDA first. Here: https://goprorc.az1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_3dRVirHRT9IfmBf
I'll add you to our testers' list when it's done.
Beta process:
- iOS: install TestFlight on your device, invitation will come per email

To share feedback and for follow up > ask access to:
- iOS GROUP: https://www.facebook.com/groups/goproapp.ios.beta
it's a place where beta users share their feedback / ideas / bug reports / videos / questions etc...
We can then do the follow up on the Facebook group and per Messenger, it's best for me to help users that way.

Anais

Tourist

[ New ]
Dear Anais,

sorry, but I'm not sure if I understood your text correct – I have filled out the NDA as I got the same problem.
So now there should follow a mail for downloading a beta?

Thank you for your information.

Best regards
Marco
GoPro

[ New ]

@marcodiscovery 

You've been added as a beta tester in TestFlight and on the Facebook group. 6.11 is available now, install via TestFlight :)

Cheers,

Anaïs

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi Anaïs,

Thanks a lot for your support, I highly appreciate! :)
Best regards
Marco
GoPro

[ New ]

@marcodiscovery @pbiggs @j-san @thomasw51108 @aenriquez 

So just to let you know - this issue is confirmed to be fixed in update 6.11 coming out next.

Sightseer

[ New ]

That's great news! Do we have a timeline for when the new firmware update will be released?