Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Saving a frame from GoPro Max 360 photo doesn’t save photo at correct orientation

@pbiggs, we've released a newer version of the GoPro App. Please install v6.9 of the app and test it out. Let us know how it goes.

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Saving a frame from GoPro Max 360 photo doesn’t save photo at correct orientation

Thanks for the heads up! I downloaded the new version, 6.9, and restarted my phone. Unfortunately the problem persists: Save Frame doesn’t keep the intended orientation of the saved photo, while Overcapture does. Who knows what’s going on. Since I can get what I need via Overcapture it’s not a deal breaker. Thanks for trying to help get this sorted.
Highlighted
GoPro

@pbiggs, your patience throughout the process is very much appreciated. This is strange. I'm unable to replicate the issue on my end (running the same iOS device version, GoPro App and MAX firmware). I'll look further into this.

Let us know if anything else comes up. Stay stoked & have fun capturing moments using your GoPro!

Highlighted
Sightseer

I’m having the same issue. The orientation of all of my “save frame” images are incorrect.
Highlighted
Tourist

I'm having the same issue when using the MAx and an iPhone 11 running the latest iOS and have the latest GoPro app as well.

I've attached a screen shot of two photos - one showing a screen shot from the phone of how I want the photo to be exported from the app, the second showing how it's exported.

Screen Shot 2020-03-29 at 11.07.29 am.png