Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Saving a clip from Android App hangs at 80 or 89%

[ New ]

Hi,

I have an intermittent problem after editing a clip using version 7.2.1 of the Android App where when I select either 'Save to phone' or 'Share Media' the process hangs at either 80 or 89%. I have left it for 10+ minutes but the progress just stops. I have tried cancelling and saving again but the same happens. I have had this three times now on three separate clips and each time I've had to reinstall the app and start re-edit the clip from scratch to succesfully save it. I'm sure you can agree that this isn't great.

My phone is a Xiaomi Mi 9 SE, running MIUI 12.0.2, Android security patch 2020-09-01.

Reinstalling the app helps sometimes but I still end up with the problem reappearing eventually.

Videos are taken from a Hero 7 Black, 60fps 1080p.

There is ample space on my phone to save the clip (latest example is a 2 minute clip, 29GB free on my handset.)

Please let me know if this can be fixed or if you would like any further info.

Thanks,

Will.

Screenshot_2020-11-01-15-59-10-809_com.gopro.smarty.jpg

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Saving a clip from Android App hangs at 80 or 89%

[ New ]
Hi,

Sorry about that. This is a complicated issue to debug as it could be caused by numerous things.
You are trying to save a multi-clip edit / story with various 1080/60 videos if I understand correctly?

Try to save your video to the App (not exporting to phone) so you're sure it's on the Home/Feed of GoPro App, Then, kill the app, reboot your device, open the project again, try to change the order of some media, try to use another video style (Raw), try removing some media, changing music, try to play with the duration of the global project, if it's a faulty media it's a bit difficult to know which one is at fault... Consider the number of files you have / size and duration. It's a bit of a trial and error thing here sadly.  
You could also try with another device and identical media to see if it's the device that can't handle certain media?

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Saving a clip from Android App hangs at 80 or 89%

[ New ]
Hi,

Sorry about that. This is a complicated issue to debug as it could be caused by numerous things.
You are trying to save a multi-clip edit / story with various 1080/60 videos if I understand correctly?

Try to save your video to the App (not exporting to phone) so you're sure it's on the Home/Feed of GoPro App, Then, kill the app, reboot your device, open the project again, try to change the order of some media, try to use another video style (Raw), try removing some media, changing music, try to play with the duration of the global project, if it's a faulty media it's a bit difficult to know which one is at fault... Consider the number of files you have / size and duration. It's a bit of a trial and error thing here sadly.  
You could also try with another device and identical media to see if it's the device that can't handle certain media?