Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Nomad

Save to phone fails for larger video files in iOS

[ New ]

This may be a limitation of iOS photos, which seems to be unable to accept larger files even via USB import however, with the new GoPro App, this seems to be the first time for that this also happens via GoPro App export (save to phone)

My Hero 9 uploads to GoPro Cloud, 

I download the media to the app on either iPhone or iPad running iOS14.2 and I can save files just fine, except if they are longer / larger (>2GB).

This is annoying. 

Slightly off topic..

While I am at, the filenaming in the GoPro app for GoPro Cloud downloaded media is just stupid - every file is called 1.jpg or 1.mp4 on export to photos. 

I am wondering how many 1.mp4s photos will be able to handle, but it already causes problems with selecting gopro photos from the iOS photos app for sharing to other iOS apps (which it selects a wrong 1.jpg for the pass on to the other iOS app). 

Cheers

Also time coding of videos is still (since Hero 5..) adjusted to GMT which is also annoying. 

Accepted Solutions
Nomad

Re: Save to phone fails for larger video files in iOS

[ New ]
Successfully solved this myself - appears the storage on the devices was full (despite iOS showing ample free space) /
deleting some old videos from the GoPro app then allowed saving the larger files to the phone again.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Nomad

Re: Save to phone fails for larger video files in iOS

[ New ]
Successfully solved this myself - appears the storage on the devices was full (despite iOS showing ample free space) /
deleting some old videos from the GoPro app then allowed saving the larger files to the phone again.