Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Samsung S10 plus not able to see files

[ New ]

Hello,

Just switch from iOS to android and I'm having problems with loading my media. App does connect,able to take pictures and videos, but when I go the grid icon to see my media app closes. Is there a issue with S9 and the app? How can I fix it? Will the quick key work with the S10 plus?

Thanks

jackyjooy

GoPro

Re: Samsung S10 plus not able to see files

[ New ]
Hi,

For connection issues, it’s best to reset everything because it could be a problem with the phone itself, the app, or the camera. 

Firstly the phone:
- Restart the phone
- After phone is back on turn off/on wifi and bluetooth 
- Remove any GoPro connection from the wifi settings menu
- Remove/unpair any GoPro connection from the bluetooth menu

Secondly the app:
- Delete the camera from the camera chooser inside the app (long press on camera image)
- (Android only Clear cache from the app: go to settings - apps - GoPro - clear cache)
- Kill the app and relaunch

- Make sure you are running the latest app version

Lastly the camera:
- Pull battery out and back in

- Make sure you are running the latest camera Firmware
- Turn wifi off and on
- Turn camera off and on

Now for pairing the camera to the app:
- Put camera in pairing mode, turn wifi connection on or wireless connections on
- Open app and tap the camera icon
- At this point the app will try to connect over bluetooth and take you through the pairing process, follow all the instructions on screen in app
- Some phones and some regions require that the camera be in a 2.4GHz wifi band so you may want to check that as well. This has to be changed on the camera > Preferences / Connections / Bandwidth
- Once you are paired just make sure for future reconnections that the wifi is on in the camera and you’ll be all set

Also, try manually connecting to the camera's WiFi network.  Send the app to the background and manually connect to the camera from your phone’s WiFi settings. You can find the password by putting the camera in pairing mode, then hitting the Info button on the camera.

Hope it helps.

For the Quick Key some users have reported that it's working well, some have issues with it, it seems that it can vary from device to device.
If you get a constant crash with the Quik Key, know that crashes are logged in our tool so we can track them and fix them as we go.

We release an app update every two weeks with new features and bug/crash fixes.

Tourist

Re: Samsung S10 plus not able to see files

[ New ]

thanks for the awesome information.