Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer

Rendering black sections of video in "Dashing"

Created a video of images/video taken at 1080p (images are larger) using Quik that was downloaded yesterday. Edited it and chose the "Dashing" theme. It runs great until I save it. After I save it, large portions of the video are black. It'll show just the new image, rather than leave the former one on the half of the screen before switching. You can see it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wWTphCJm9Uk&list=PLnXm2iPN8F-l5gLjoHbZK-VPTYw0fCDzN&index=6&t=0s The same thing happened when I exported as Square rather than Cinema.

Editing using a Samsung Galaxy S5. 

We had a blast hanging out with all the kids, parents, and teachers at this year's USA Science and Engineering Festival in Washington, D.C! Over the three-da...
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Rendering black sections of video in "Dashing"

Hello @hannaho47428

Great feature you have on the video. What a fun learning experience. But yes, I agree the black areas are distracting. I tried replicating the issue - using the same themes (Dashing, and exported as Square and Cinema) and the same phone but I am not getting  the black screens. I am getting the previous photo as expected. Will you be able to try again? Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks, 
Marius