Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Removing features from the app

[ New ]

Removing features is how you get me to never buy a GoPro ever again

and NOT putting this in the release notes for the app update makes the update dishonest. 

GoPro

Re: Removing features from the app

[ New ]

@fleetbeach320, sorry to hear that the update caused you inconvenience. We are continuously working on improving the experience of our users.

The ability to change Protune settings and camera beep volume are no longer on the GoPro app. Protune and camera beep settings can still be controlled on the camera.

If you are looking for other ways to change these settings, visit The Inside Line for recommended tips and tricks. 

We are also continuing to develop new features and ways of accessing existing camera settings to be most useful to GoPro users.

Tourist

[ New ]
Why is the app no longer able to import other then gopro footage? It used to be a fenomenal app until you guy decided to remove that option. Now is limited and pointless. This is why I sold my gopro 7 black and 8 becouse I was limited to use just the footage from gopro. I used to combine media to get what I needed. Good job guys. Hope in the future this option will come back couse it made this app the best. Until then no gopro for me....dji Mavic 2 and insta 360 one r are my daily drivers although I wanted to try the new gopro 9, but hey we can't always have what we wish for so...take care and good luck.
Tourist

[ New ]

Ma che senso ha!!!!???? Vi rendete conto che avete tolto una funzione fondamentale?? E rispondere agli utenti che vi stanno evidenziando la mancanza dicendo "Se volete potete usare questi altri metodi" è ridicolo.... per nulla professionale-

Ora io mi chiedo... voi admin siete utilizzatori di una GoPro??? Perchè nel caso lo foste, dare una risposta del genere è una presa in giro, sapete benissimo che per le HeroSession non c'è un display posteriore, mentre sulle altre GoPro non potete costringere un utente a creare un Preset per ogni condizione di ripresa! O siete neofiti, oppure non avete mai ripreso in condizioni estreme, dove ad ogni inizio ripresa bisogna fare il setting giusto su ProTune per garantire un margine di correzione in post,

Tourist

[ New ]
Ma che senso ha!!!!???? Vi rendete conto che avete tolto una funzione fondamentale?? E rispondere agli utenti che vi stanno evidenziando la mancanza dicendo "Se volete potete usare questi altri metodi" è ridicolo.... per nulla professionale-

Ora io mi chiedo... voi admin siete utilizzatori di una GoPro??? Perchè nel caso lo foste, dare una risposta del genere è una presa in giro, sapete benissimo che per le HeroSession non c'è un display posteriore, mentre sulle altre GoPro non potete costringere un utente a creare un Preset per ogni condizione di ripresa! O siete neofiti, oppure non avete mai ripreso in condizioni estreme, dove ad ogni inizio ripresa bisogna fare il setting giusto su ProTune per garantire un margine di correzione in post,
Sightseer

[ New ]
100% agreed with you. It is a slap in the face for fpv gopro users who have long been loyal to the brand and its products. I have 5 gopros and feel betrayed.
Sightseer

[ New ]

"We are continuously working on improving the experience of our users."

you are a f.... liar

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

The ability to change Protune settings and camera beep volume are no longer on the GoPro app. Protune and camera beep settings can still be controlled on the camera.

However it is still possible to use phone media in your GoPro Stories made with GoPro App, this feature didn't go away and will be even more present in the coming update. @fleetbeach320
Hiker

[ New ]

@haindash Will you stop writing the same BS response about the update, as you can see the end users AREN'T HAPPY with the update. This really needs to be addressed with the concerns team and the app needs the features that were taken away put back in or you will lose a lot of customers, you already p*ssed enough of them off!

Tourist

[ New ]

You obviously have never used a GoPro camera in any serious setting. There are million reasons why you sometimes don't have access to the camera screen or buttons because of enclosure, placement and some devices don't even have an actual screen on the device.

Tourist

[ New ]

I was able to download an old version of the android apk on another website (probaly laden with malware) and use that to restore this functionality which existed when I originally purchased the camera.  I can no longer execute this workflow using the iPad though, so preview is smaller, etc. What a pain. My GoPro sits in a drone mount/enclosure which makes the screen inaccessible.

Due to this my next purchase will definitely not being a GoPro but doing my best to keep my current stuff away from their efforts to render my existing hardware useless.

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]

Downloading APK from third parties can be dangerous, you have no way to know if they haven't been tampered with and are full of spyware.