Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Redmi Note 8 Pro vs Quik - editing HEVC video issue

[ Edited ]
Hi friends,
I just bought new phone Mi Redmi Note 8 Pro and tried to get back to editing my videos taken with Hero7 Black (device spec attached).
Videos are HEVC 1080 100fps.

I am not able to edit even 1 short video because it is so slow, choppy and it freez the image and only sound is playing further.
Please help me with this issue.

I have tried to edit video on Mi Redmi Note 7, less powerfull device and it went smooth and no issues at all, even while editing more then 10 videos into 1 story. Same result on old HTC 11 life, no issues.
Do not understand why this new device has a problem and how to fix it.

In spec is that hevc videos should go smooth from Xiaomi Mi 5 and newer: https://gopro.com/help/articles/block/hevc

Thanks for any advice and help.
Screenshot_2020-01-07-19-43-11-585_com.android.settings.jpg
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Redmi Note 8 Pro vs Quik - editing HEVC video issue

@deusko To be sure - are you talking about the stand-alone Quik App?

Highlighted
Tourist

@haindash Yes, the problem is with Quik app for mobile, pls see details attached.
Screenshot_2020-01-07-19-42-43-855_com.miui.securitycenter.jpg
Highlighted
Sightseer

I think the gopro app don't support MediaTek Helio G90T processor...
Highlighted
GoPro

@deusko Have you tried GoPro App? 

Know that since Quik App hasn't been updated in a while, an update outside of Quik App (OS update, System update) could break the app.

I recommend that you give a try to GoPro App multi-clip editing functionality. (also possible to add phone media)

See this article for help https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/how-to-create-a-multi-clip-edit-in-the-gopro-app 

GoPro App has 2 new styles that Quik App doesn't have, as well as color correction + more speed options for slomo at media level. 

More updates to come too.