Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Random cameras listed in my GoPro Plus app

Hi folks --

I just opened my GoPro app, clicked on the settings and saw that there are three cameras listed as attached to my account that I don't own. I now have a Hero8, purchased about a month ago. I subsequently added a GoPro Plus subscription. Previously, I owned a Hero 3+, which I did NOT have a Plus account for. I sold that. It's not listed as one of the cameras attached to my account. The cameras listed appear to be GoPro Hero7 models with names that appear to be serial numbers (On starts with GE, one starts with GF and the last starts with W2). They DO NOT appear as listed cameras when I'm logged into my account on my computer.

GoPro chat claims that the only way those cameras are listed is because they were paired with my account. But I'm on a brand new phone with a brand new Plus account, so that answer makes NO sense at all.

Wondering if anyone here has any idea what's going on. Yes, I can simply delete them, but I want to know why they're there before I remove them. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Random cameras listed in my GoPro Plus app

[ Edited ]

This is indeed odd, @joshbaugh. Will you be able to send us a screenshot showing the cameras displayed in the app but which are not your cameras? 

You mentioned as well that you got a new phone which means you just installed the GoPro App to get your HERO8 Black paired. Is this correct? which phone model are you using and which OS is it running on? Which version of the GoPro app are you using?

The list of cameras on the app is not associated with your PLUS account. This means that these cameras can still appear in the app even if you are not logged into your PLUS account. 

The list of devices that you have or that you see under your account when logging into plus.gopro.com also indicates the same thing. We hope to hear back from you. 

Highlighted
Tourist

I have a new iPhone 11 Pro Max, running iOS 13.5. I currently own a Hero8, which I bought this month. I previously owned a Hero3+, but sold it before I got the Hero8.

The cameras that are listed in the app appear to be Hero7 devices, of which I've never owned.

Interestingly, the extra cameras do not appear in my account at plus.gopro.com. 

IMG_6779.PNG
Highlighted
GoPro

@joshbaugh, I also noticed the same thing on my end. You can safely remove the other camera entries on the list. We'll share the details with the team in charge to further check on this. Thanks!

Highlighted
Tourist

Cool. Thanks!