Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
GoPro

Re: QuikStories

Also, it's very common that hotels have restrictive policy when it comes to Wifi: allowing you to browser internet without any problems but when it comes to downloading anything, you are strongly limited.

Tourist

@haindash

Hey there! Thanks for being so persistent. I just tested and get 2Mb/sec download speed and 0.8Mb upload speed (I know I know, not the fastest speeds this world has seen :D)

I have 9GB free space on my phone's internal SD, and I also have about 50GB free space on an external SD card (which I don't believe the Quik app utilizes).

And good point about the hotel download throttles.

My understanding is quite limited, but I think all signs point to something related to permissions of downloading the music files on the WiFi networks I've tried. Because with my 3G phone connection the app seems to function fine. I simply don't want to be downloading MBs and MBs of data on my limited data plan, and of course would rather be able to download the songs over WiFi as the app is intended.

GoPro

Hi, @puravidapajaro

Sorry about all that we indeed all is pointing to issues on the Wifi. Not much that can be done here. :( I hope that your Wifi will manage to download all songs at some point.

Nomad

[ Edited ]

Nomad

[ Edited ]

Highlighted
Nomad

@ryanv12566 wrote:

Hi @andyt8313,

Sorry to hear about the issues with Quik Stories. There are a few things that may be causing the issue. Be sure Quik is updated and that the footage is not older than 72 hours. If the footage is older than 72 hours, it won't pull it in to make a Quik Story.

You can try manual update on camera, be sure Quik, GoPro App and Android OS are all updated. Delete Bluetooth on device as well. Give the steps in this article a try and let us know how it goes:
https://gopro.com/help/articles/Solutions_Troubleshooting/GoPro-App-Camera-Connection-Troubleshootin...

Best,

Ryan

WTF? So you're saying that if the footage that has been recorded is more than 3 days old it can't be used in Quik Stories? That is some F'n BS! I took a trip last weekend and just got home with some steady WiFi, but I am having issues getting my footage since it is more than 3 days old. You need to fix your $h!T!

Explorer

You need to calm down and grow up.

Quik Story is just a means of auto grabbing recent footage and bringing it into Quik.

You don't need Quik Story to make a video. Open Quik and then select the videos and pictures you want and the app will make a video.
GoPro

@brianw409 

Don't worry you can still make a QuikStory with your footage of course! Open GoPro App, download your footage, select, send to Quik.
The other method is just a shortcut for recent footage only. It can't be possible without limit because if you have 2 weeks of footage to be copied automatically it would just never work: not enough space on your device probably.

Other ways to import your footage here: https://quikapp.helpscoutdocs.com/article/37-import-photos-videos-to-my-device