Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Quik on Android 12 - Pixel 6 - Broken

[ New ]

Hi, sorry for the boring post but have tried all avenues and trick but the app no longer works with a GP session

in short the app just throws 'can't find your gopro' regardless of all fixes tried / offered by gopro

e.g. - reset camera

manually re-updated camera via pc/usb

manually connected to camera wifi

checked all app permission/reset/reinstalled

camera will wonnect fin to a budget phone on android 8 and my old phone, oneplus 5 on android 10 (using wifi direct first)

i've tried reaching out to gopro directly but have given up hope

regards

s

GoPro

Re: Quik on Android 12 - Pixel 6 - Broken

[ New ]

Thank you for the details that you provided, @samu8248. We will share this with the team. Do you get an error message on the app at any time during the pairing process? A screenshot/screen recording of the workflow will be greatly helpful. Thanks again!

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi. Thanks for the reply,

After speaking to support they have unfortunately informed me that the session is no longer compatible and is now unsupported.

GoPro

[ New ]

@samu8248. We were able to pair a HERO4 Session to an Android device. When you can and if you would like to try, have a go at the following steps: 

1. Reset the camera's Wi-Fi. 
  2. Navigate to your phone's Wi-Fi settings. This forces the phone to perform a Wi-Fi scan and then the camera name will be seen.
  3. Onboard the camera - including renaming it and creating a password if asked. . 
  4. Camera is not added to the camera chooser. You may have to repeat step 2 multiple times. 
  5. Now put the camera in pairing mode and onboard it again. 

Let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

hello, this procedure doesn't work i'm afraid

i can connect to the camera via phone's wifi by using the ssid of the camera e.g. GPxxxx and the password 'mygoprohero'

i can then also view the cameras filesystem via a webbrowwser and the gateway i.p. address

this verifies that the phone is successfully connected to the camera

the quik app still fails to find the camera so i feel it is an app issue

see attachedScreenshot_20220114-075806.png

Screenshot_20220114-075844.png

PXL_20220114_075953548.jpg

Screenshot_20220114-075904.pngScreenshot_20220114-075915.pngScreenshot_20220114-075915.pngScreenshot_20220114-080009.png

i've also prior to this followed the below

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Quik-Troubleshoot-Connectivity-Issues/ta-p/392964

and

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Quik-Pair-Your-Camera/ta-p/394285

issue persists with android 12 - other deviced running 7 and 10 connect ok

regards

sam

Tourist

[ New ]

to confirm

camera is a 'session' - no number - serial c314*** - software is up to date and have completed a pc manul update to confirm

phone is a google pixel 6

quik app is up to date and all permissions granted

Tourist

[ New ]

Its a bad thing that GoPro make a camera and then don't update apps to use it.

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the details you provided, @samu8248. We will share this with the team and keep you posted.