Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Quik not working

[ New ]
I have a galaxy s7. I've already made 4 videos with the quik app. This week I've had to remake a video bcs it wouldn't let me open one of my saved videos. After remaking it, now it's doing this again! It takes a good 45 min to an hour for me to make this video. What's wrong with this app? The video is only 2-3 min long.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Quik not working

[ New ]

@melwalkup 
Sorry about the issue you are having with Quik App. For now there's no info about a coming update.
Best course of action is still to delete and install the app again (save all videos first) sometimes clean install helps reset things up.

We've recently introduced the multi-clip-editing experience (Quik) inside of GoPro App (version 6.1) - it may not be complete right now but another update is in the pipeline coming end of this month. Maybe you can check it out.

Also Quik App is a powerful app that is requiring a powerful phone / it will work better on latest models

Here some other tips that you could try if you want to stay on Quik.

• Change the video style (prefere RAW)
  • Modify a little something in your project - move media in timeline
  • Pause the preview to let it load 
  • Make your video a bit shorter  
  • Save video as a draft, then Close, reopen the app and restart your device   
  • Free up memory by closing all other apps 
  • Free up space on your device (if the app crashes at 100% by a "save to photos" it's probably because you don't have enough space)
  • Don't update to Android 10 > as I said we don't have any update for Quik App for now so issues with Android 10 will not be addressed :(

It can be that one video or photo has a problem and it messes up the whole app :( but hard to know which unless you add them one by one.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

@melwalkup 
Sorry about the issue you are having with Quik App. For now there's no info about a coming update.
Best course of action is still to delete and install the app again (save all videos first) sometimes clean install helps reset things up.

We've recently introduced the multi-clip-editing experience (Quik) inside of GoPro App (version 6.1) - it may not be complete right now but another update is in the pipeline coming end of this month. Maybe you can check it out.

Also Quik App is a powerful app that is requiring a powerful phone / it will work better on latest models

Here some other tips that you could try if you want to stay on Quik.

• Change the video style (prefere RAW)
  • Modify a little something in your project - move media in timeline
  • Pause the preview to let it load 
  • Make your video a bit shorter  
  • Save video as a draft, then Close, reopen the app and restart your device   
  • Free up memory by closing all other apps 
  • Free up space on your device (if the app crashes at 100% by a "save to photos" it's probably because you don't have enough space)
  • Don't update to Android 10 > as I said we don't have any update for Quik App for now so issues with Android 10 will not be addressed :(

It can be that one video or photo has a problem and it messes up the whole app :( but hard to know which unless you add them one by one.

Tourist

[ New ]
@melwalkup, what resolution do your clips have?
I have the same issues with Quick and the GoPro mobile app, when editing 4k video clips.
If the clips are recorded in Full HD only, the app works stable. Maybe you can share more details.
GoPro

[ New ]

@blueblaze35108 @melwalkup 

It is true that, especially on Android devices, I would recommend to stick to 1080p footage and nothing above. 4K is way too demanding and hard to process.
Also > Quik App only exports at 1080p so no need to use anything higher than that.