Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Quik movie

[ New ]
When saving a quik movie to my camera roll is saves with a blank screen (black), no cover photo. So when I upload my video to Facebook it’s just a black screen until pressing play. How can I get around this? Doesn’t look nice uploading a video with a blank screen!

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Quik movie

[ New ]

Hello @mickntrish22

Does it matter which resolution setting the video is in when you save it? Do the videos also appear with a black thumbnail/preview before they are imported or downloaded to your mobile device? Which camera model do you have? See if this issue is associated with the supported resolutions for copy and share in the GoPro App as discussed here.  Which phone are you using - iOs or Android? 

I did an edit via Quik for mobile on both an Android phone and and iPhone, but I did not experience getting the black screen. I made an edit of all photos, all videos, and a combination of media, and all went fine. Check if the length of the edited video, the theme used, the source of the videos and/or photos (GoPro or non-GoPro) has any effect. Also, try uninstalling and re-installing Quik for mobile to make sure that you have the latest version. 

Let us know how it works out. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

Re: Quik movie

[ New ]

Hello @mickntrish22

Does it matter which resolution setting the video is in when you save it? Do the videos also appear with a black thumbnail/preview before they are imported or downloaded to your mobile device? Which camera model do you have? See if this issue is associated with the supported resolutions for copy and share in the GoPro App as discussed here.  Which phone are you using - iOs or Android? 

I did an edit via Quik for mobile on both an Android phone and and iPhone, but I did not experience getting the black screen. I made an edit of all photos, all videos, and a combination of media, and all went fine. Check if the length of the edited video, the theme used, the source of the videos and/or photos (GoPro or non-GoPro) has any effect. Also, try uninstalling and re-installing Quik for mobile to make sure that you have the latest version. 

Let us know how it works out. 

Thanks, 
Marius