Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik is crashing on Chromebook

This is noted, @ptrglys. Sorry to hear that the alternatives do not work as well. Will you be able to identify what could have changed why the app is not working anymore? Was it an update on the Chromebook that may have happened prior to the event you described on your initial post? Was it an update on the app itself? Any upgrade or update on your computer system that may have impacted how the app works? All these will help us isolate the source of the trouble. Thanks!

Highlighted
Hiker

@mariustanya, thank you for caring about us!

I was thinking a lot in past days, but I dont think anything has changed. I'm 99% sure I was working offline when the app crashed so no OS or app update at this time. After I went online again and I had several OS and app updates. The only thing I can't test is trying an older version of Quik app, because I'm not in developer mode.

@captain001 @captain001 Do you remember how was your first time when the app started to crash?

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi @mariustanya!

Here is a small update from my side:

• The v5.0.0.3956-25e02c792 is good!!!
  • The v5.0.1.3988-d69b57a82 and the v5.0.2.3992-6d2f024f3 is crashing right after I start the app.

With this info it's easy to debug the root cause, hope your team can fix the issue soon :)

Highlighted
GoPro

This is noted, @ptrglys. Thank you!

Highlighted
Tourist

I have never had the app working, it has crash from the very first day I downloaded it from the play store

Highlighted
Tourist

I'm a newbie and just signed up, The app crashes on me every time I try to launch it.

I get a Quik has stopped message immediately. 

Highlighted
GoPro

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you Jay, good info!