Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

Quik is crashing on Chromebook

First of all I have to let you know that we know you are not supportiung Chromebooks.

I'm sure only a really small minority of your users are running on Chromebook but for us you are the the best and almost the only option to edit videos in this quality, and we don't want to loose this tool. Yes, this means the Quik App worked well before so there is no need to build up a full Chromebook integration.

I was working with lot of video files (maybe 20) on 18th (maybe 19th of October) and few of them were bigger files (1-3 GB) when the app crashed and since then I can't start it, it keeps crashing right after the launch. I deleted the cache, the data, the app, reinstalled, but the result is the same. And the strange thing is, there was no OS or app update when the crash happened (I'm 99% sure I was offline).

Maybe there is just a leftover config file somewhere hidden. Can you ask a developer which folder should we delete to fix this issue?

Here is some info about my Chromebook:

Acer Chromebook 15 cb515 - https://www.acer.com/datasheets/2017/4876/CB515-1HT/NX.GPTEC.003.html

Chrome OS version: 69.0.3497.120

Current Quik Version: 5.0.2.3992-6d2f024f3

Last, but not least, thank you so much for your work, you are doing a great job!

PS: If there is any Chromebook user reading this, please let us know by posting a +1 or something!

Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Quik is crashing on Chromebook

Update: 

I just updated to Chrome OS 70.0.3538.76, but the error is the same.

Highlighted
Tourist

I have exactly the same issue

As soon as I launch Quick on my chromebook it crashes and says 'Quick has stopped' there is then options to 'open app again' (just crashes again) or send feedback.

I can now only edit my footage on my android phone(quick works fine on phone) which isn't ideal

Highlighted
Tourist

I've had the same issue.
Asus c302 latest chrome OS, it constantly crashes. Please update support
Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Guys, thank you so much for the confirmation, I hope that helps us to be more visible for GoPro.

Highlighted
Hiker

And here is a small update from my side:

I did a factory reset (powerwash) + tried with new Google account but the result was the same... I don't think anymore that a config file delete would solve the problem :/

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello Everyone, 

Thank you for the feedback. We have submitted this to the team in charge for future consideration. If you would like to explore, there are other programs that can be used to view and edit videos from your GoPro. You can learn more about it here

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Hiker

[ Edited ]

Hi Marius!

Thank you for the feedback, we really appreciate that!

Based on my experience I think that "furute consideration" isn't a thing so we have to highlight that the app worked well 2 weeks ago and we are experiencing this bug since then.

Thank you for the alternatives, but since we run on Chromebook, we can't use any of them. And from my opinion, Quik is the best option. I just want it back :)

Best,

Peter