Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Quik for iPhone - Youtube - Can't share your clip

[ New ]

I have several videos that were recorded same day on the same storage card.  I've loaded those into Quik on my iphone.  I'm able to share some to Youtube but some give me an error after going through the "Preparing Clip" phase.  I get the screen to give the video a name and description.  When I hit "Post" I get the message - "Can't Share Your Clip".

I've rebooted the phone, checked that I'm logged in to Quik and Youtube with my Google account and still have this issue.  As I mentioned it worked for some videos.  

I'm using an iPhone Xr w/ IOS 14.6 and Quik 8.6.1(5223)

Thanks,

Marc

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Quik for iPhone - Youtube - Can't share your video

[ New ]
Hi @mashaffe
The error you are experiencing while sharing to YouTube has been identified on our end and the team is working on it. It should be included in update 8.8

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

@mashaffe, what's the video resolution and settings used for these videos that are having issues? Did you also do any adjustments (e.g Trim, Filter, etc.) to these clips in the app before sharing them on YouTube?

Tourist

[ New ]

They are all the same.  4K resolution with 24 FPS.  I edited them to add the speed sticker.

As I said, some would load but others give me the error so I had to copy them to my MAC and upload directly to Youtube.  Thus I can't upload with the speed sticker.

Marc

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi Marc,

Have you tried to simply save the video with the sticker to your phone and the upload from your phone to YouTube instead of from the app directly. Maybe that would work better.
Also in my experience, I always upload videos to YouTube from my computer because the quality was better when uploaded from desktop.
Tourist

[ New ]

I haven't tried that.  Will do so next time.  It's frustrating that it works on some videos and not others.  Flaky software.

GoPro

[ New ]

I'm sorry if this has caused you inconvenience, @mashaffe. We appreciate you providing these details. We've shared this with our team and they're working on a fix.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let us know. We're here to help.

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi @mashaffe
The error you are experiencing while sharing to YouTube has been identified on our end and the team is working on it. It should be included in update 8.8