Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Anonymous
Accepted Solution

Quik for Iphone

Hi there,

I was trying to make a movie using Quik on my Iphone. I wanted to use footage from my external micro sd card (through a microsd to lightning converter), but I couldn't dicrectly access the footage.

Why is that and is there a way to do this?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

Re: Quik for Iphone

@Anonymous - We make a connector called a Quik Key (https://shop.gopro.com/accessories-2/quik-key-iphoneipad-mobile-microsd-card-reader/AMCRL-001.html) that will import the content into your phone for editing.

I haven't tried importing with another adapter. Is there any chance it might be importing into the iPhone's Photo and Video sections? If not, there may be some restrictions on the file types the iPhone will accept.

Jeff

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@Anonymous - We make a connector called a Quik Key (https://shop.gopro.com/accessories-2/quik-key-iphoneipad-mobile-microsd-card-reader/AMCRL-001.html) that will import the content into your phone for editing.

I haven't tried importing with another adapter. Is there any chance it might be importing into the iPhone's Photo and Video sections? If not, there may be some restrictions on the file types the iPhone will accept.

Jeff

Highlighted
Anonymous

Thanks for the help!

One more question: when using the quik key, is it possible to access the footage for editing without actually importing onto my phone (not much storage space)?

Thanks once more!
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

I'm almost positive that the data has to be imported onto the device in order to be used by the device.

Highlighted
Tourist

When I plug my Quik Key (with the SD card from my GoPro) into my phone nothing happens. I open the GoPro app and can't find anything that says Quik Key. I can't find instructions anywhere and none were included in the box. Am I missing something??