Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer
Accepted Solution

Quik crashing when trying to open saved project

My quik app for my pixel 2 is constantly crashing when I try and open my saved project. I can't edit the saved project or delete any of the videos since it crashes immediately, so I don't know what's wrong. I have space on my phone, app is up to date and I've tried clearing out other quik projects rebooting several times. I don't want to uninstall the app or clear my cache and risk losing all of the work on my project. The project is completed, it just crashed before I could save it. All videos and photos are still on my phone as well, so I was confused why this randomly started happening. It seems to have started after I added 12 photos at the end of the video. Is there anyway to salvage the file? Will cleaning the cache delete it since it is only in the project phase and not exported yet? Thanks

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik crashing when trying to open saved project

Thank you for the quick response, @vitaldusk73873. See if using the editing function in the GoPro App will help. The stand-alone Quik for mobile app has not been updated since its integration with the later versions of the GoPro App. If you still have the raw files, install, or update to, the latest version of the GoPro App. Here are steps on how to edit a video in the app. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @vitaldusk73873. Here some suggestions in case of crashes:

• Change the video style 
  • Modify a little something in your project 
  • Pause the preview to let it load 
  • Make your video a bit shorter  
  • Close, reopen the app and restart your device   
  • Free up memory by closing all other apps 
  • Free up space on your device (if the app crashes at 100% by a "save to photos" it's probably because you don't have enough space)
  • Update your device to the current operating system
  • Last resort: try to make a clean install BUT be aware that your videos in Quik for mobile will be deleted so make sure you save them to your camera roll first. However, know that videos uploaded online are still there. 

Below are other reasons for a crash to happen, particularly for Android devices:

Why does Quik for mobile crash on Android?

• The app having trouble processing one of the photos or videos you've imported in the project. 
  • The app is experiencing memory pressure crash: your device is probably not powerful enough. Remember that the video is created by the device itself, not by a machine on a distant server. Quik is a demanding app, basically, the less powerful your device is, the more i
  • Android is a fragmented operating system with a myriad of devices running different hardware and software specs. These inconsistencies make it extremely difficult to ensure that the app will work flawlessly on every device.

Clearing cache (not data) on the app settings on your phone should not delete the files that you have saved. You can duplicate and edit should you wish to continue editing your video. This is as long as you still have all individual files (photos/videos) saved on your device. 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Hi @mariustanya

I deleted the app as my project was lost. It was not saved and in the editing phase, but it could not be opened and therefore not saved. I deleted the entire app and all of the data to start fresh and reinstalled. The same thing is happening now when creating a new project with only 1 photo and no videos. So it seems there is a bigger issue with not having an option to add photos, otherwise the app freezes and crashes and the pending projects can no longer be accessed. I had no issues on my phone in the past creating projects with 100 video clips and 10-15 photos, so this seems like something new
Highlighted
GoPro

Thank you for the quick response, @vitaldusk73873. See if using the editing function in the GoPro App will help. The stand-alone Quik for mobile app has not been updated since its integration with the later versions of the GoPro App. If you still have the raw files, install, or update to, the latest version of the GoPro App. Here are steps on how to edit a video in the app.