Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Quik app suggesting unknown email for login

[ New ]

Hi, I got a new phone some months ago and installed the Quik app.

If try to login it shows a popup with some email accounts that are know to me but one of them is not mine, it's not from somebody in my contact list and its not found anywhere in the system.

I've tried clearing app data, removing sim card, airplane mode, denying all permissions and starting the app again but that email is still showing.

From where does the app get that email suggestions? I need to know why that email getting displayed there.

My phone is a redmi note 8 with MIUI 11.

EDIT: From all the apps I've tried, Quik is the only one showing that email address.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Quik app suggesting unknown email for login

[ New ]
Hi,

So from the info I could gather. Those suggested emails come from Google Smart Lock and it's not brought up by Quik App.
They don't have to be gmail addresses. However, Google does store them under whatever Gmail you're logged into. You have to answer yes at some point when using it on a website to "save it" - that enables the Google Smart Lock feature.

You can go to your Google account > manage your Google Account> security tab > Password manager > then find the Gopro Quik app

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @fabiani5

We are not able to pull up a subscription using the email address in your Hub profile.

How was the subscription done? Was this bundled with a camera, or was it purchased through the app?

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi, I'm not subscribed (yet).

The issue is not with the subscription though.

When I click on the "Iniciar sesión" (login) button in the screenshot below, there is a popup shown (second screenshot) that suggest some emails to use for login. One of these email is not mine, is not in any of my contacts, it isn't anywhere on the phone, gmail account or this site account.

The Quik app is the only app that shows that popup and suggestions. I bought the phone brand new.

Screenshot_2021-04-24-17-33-18-982_com.gopro.smarty.jpg

IMG_20210424_173346.jpg

GoPro

[ New ]

@fabiani5, could you please share with us the email address that's in question so we can also try to check on our end? You may send it to me via private message -- click on my profile and select Send Message. Thanks!

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @fabiani5 

That is quite strange indeed.

What if you checked in your Phone Settings under Accounts? I'm not sure what's going on here I'll try to find out more.

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi,

I have just two gmail accounts added to the system, both of them are shown in the suggested emails and one of them is shown twice.

I've searched for the unkown email in every place I know (google settings, sent and received emails, contacts, etc) and it isn't found, that's why I'm asking how is that popup with suggested emails generated.

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

So from the info I could gather. Those suggested emails come from Google Smart Lock and it's not brought up by Quik App.
They don't have to be gmail addresses. However, Google does store them under whatever Gmail you're logged into. You have to answer yes at some point when using it on a website to "save it" - that enables the Google Smart Lock feature.

You can go to your Google account > manage your Google Account> security tab > Password manager > then find the Gopro Quik app
Tourist

[ New ]

That was!

I don't remember how that account got there but was saved for another site (work things), must have been years ago.

Thanks.