Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Quik app not recognizing video files

[ Edited ]

Is anyone having any issues with the Android GoPro Quik app not recognizing video files on their microSD card? I can play the video files just fine with another media player on my phone but some reason the Quik app is not recognzing the video files on my microSD card. I can view the photos just fine with the app.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik app not recognizing video files

Hello @kevinu44112

The Quik Key is an external device that you use to access, move or copy your files from the SD card used in your GoPro camera to your mobile device. Depending on the port that you have on your Android device, you can use either the Quik Key (USB-C) Mobile microSD Card Reader or the Quik Key (Micro-USB) Mobile microSD Card Reader . 

This article discusses how you can import media using the Quik Key. Let us know if you have other questions or concerns. 

Thanks, 
Marius

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @kevinu44112,

Are you getting any error message when you try to open a video file in Quik for mobile? When you mentioned microSD card as a source, does this mean the video files are saved in the SD card storage on your phone? 

If you went to the SD Card tab on Quik, the only way to access files from an SD card is to use a Quik Key. If this is what you are not trying to do, you can then select either the Gallery or the Albums tab and access the video file. I did the same and the video file opened in Quik. 

I hope to hear back from you. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Hey Marius my apologies for the late response. I'm not getting any error message. I can't access any of the .mp4 video files on my SD card only the photos that were taken from the GoPro. The video files are not saved on my phone they're only on my SD card. I tried to see if I could access the video files through the Gallery or Albums tab but they're not showing up on there either. Can you please explain this Quik Key. Thanks.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @kevinu44112

The Quik Key is an external device that you use to access, move or copy your files from the SD card used in your GoPro camera to your mobile device. Depending on the port that you have on your Android device, you can use either the Quik Key (USB-C) Mobile microSD Card Reader or the Quik Key (Micro-USB) Mobile microSD Card Reader . 

This article discusses how you can import media using the Quik Key. Let us know if you have other questions or concerns. 

Thanks, 
Marius