Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Quik app help

Hello,

I was just wondering if there is any possibility to get my video back!? I’m really desperate! I spent like 5 hours making it as it’s a birthday video for my friend and I haven’t edited it in a week as I am waiting on a video but it deleted and I’ve lost everything. Please, please, please let me know if you know how to.😫😩😬

Thank you so much in advanced!!!😁

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik app help

Hello @superdive45772

Have you already searched through your computer, recycle bin, the import folder for Quik for the missing files? You can follow the file location path through this link: https://gopro.com/help/articles/question_answer/Where-are-my-Quik-for-desktop-Media-Files-Stored

Unfortunately, we do not have any preferred methods of data recovery as this may vary from SD card manufacturers of the preferred methods for recovering your data.  Since this is certainly not normal for missing files to suddenly go missing, I do recommend to reach out to the SD card manufacturer to further troubleshoot the SD card. While on it though, do not record any new photos or videos with the SD card that you have used to prevent new files from overwriting those that you already have. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you so much @mariustanyabut this is using my iPad and my photos are just from the photos app. 

I made half of the video but it deletes after 7 days of no editing and so I didn’t edit it for a while and it deleted. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @superdive45772

Thank you for posting back and for the clarification. If you happen to have done your edits using Quik Stories on the Quik app, drafts are saved for a maximum duration of 7 days. This maybe why the video was deleted. 

Best, 

Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Ah ok! Thank you so much for responding!

Highlighted
Tourist

hello,

u gotta follow this steps to recover your video

due to the fact the distance of the misplaced records will quickly be taken by using new facts writing to it, you would better carry out the healing as soon as feasible. Technically, GoPro motion pictures or images recuperation may be easy through applying the most effective SD card healing software program, and EaseUS facts recovery Wizard is this kind of non-adverse and examine-only data restoration utility that allows you get better lost, deleted, formatted, virus attacked, and corrupted movies and images from GoPro without any problem.

EaseUS records restoration Wizard has been examined to fully support movies and pics recovery from GoPro HD Hero three, GoPro Hero 2 HD, GoPro Hero, HD Hero 960, virtual Hero 5, HD Surf Hero, HD Helmet HERO, and many others.

Now take out the SD card from your GoPro digital camera, and use a card reader or USB cable to connect it to a windows pc or Mac. Following is a guide to help you recover GoPro on a windows laptop.

Step 1. Run EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard and select the sd card location of your GoPro camera. Click the "Scan" button.

select file type

Step 2. EaseUS Data Recovery Wizard will start a quick scan first. After the quick scan completes, a deep scan will automatically launch in order to find more files.

scan sd card of GoPro camera

Step 3. After the scan is complete, the scanning result will be displayed in categories. You can preview the recoverable files before recovery by means of Path, Type and Time. If a quick scan failed, try a deep scan, by which the chance of recovery increases.

preview and recover pictures videos from GoPro camera

Highlighted
GoPro

@superdive45772 

So sorry about that, as @mariustanya said, for Quik for Mobile, drafts are saved for 7 days, if you edit it, it goes back to be 7 days but if you don't, it will disappear and there's no way to recover it.

@jayeshr16 This topic if for Quik Mobile app.

Highlighted
Tourist

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone knew why the Quik app on my iPad won’t play the end of the video I made? I added 2 videos to the end and it doesn’t play them! It just restarts...

Thanks!