Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Quik app freezes or gets stuck loading on edit

[ New ]

My Phone: Samsung S10 Plus/Note

GoPro 9 video recorded: 4K/60 including 1 Timewarp @ 1080, x10, 3 min length, all clips under 20 seconds, also saved in cloud.

The Edit: I downloaded all clips to app (and phone) I begin my edit, I have about 14 minutes of clips on the timeline and begin to edit. I move along, selecting each clip and inserting highlights, then trimming (reducing length of clip) and move along just fine. No problems.

Now the edit is around 10 minutes in length with one presentation format selected with a auto song from gopro .

(My goal is to trim back to under 10 minutes)

I am making great progress but all of a sudden, it freezes and get stuck in a loading state or it crashes completley. 

I researched solutions and have done the following with no correction:

Uninstalled/Reinstalled Quik app (including having the latest download from play store)

Cleared cache/data from app location on my phone

Deleted old media on my phone, including apps that were no longer needed freeing up a lot of space on my phone

Please help!

Thanks!

Spoiler

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Quik app freezes or gets stuck loading on edit

[ New ]
Hi,

8.3 has just been released, just to make sure you are running the latest one.
I'm wondering if the edit you're trying to make isn't a bit too demanding on your phone. 10min edit is big + 4K/60 videos, it is also quite heavy.
I know from experience that when I was edit 4K/60 on an iPhone X it was a bit laggy sometimes for example.

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

8.3 has just been released, just to make sure you are running the latest one.
I'm wondering if the edit you're trying to make isn't a bit too demanding on your phone. 10min edit is big + 4K/60 videos, it is also quite heavy.
I know from experience that when I was edit 4K/60 on an iPhone X it was a bit laggy sometimes for example.
Tourist

[ New ]

Great News!

Thanks for your reply and yes, I checked the following morning and there was an update. 

I downloaded the update, cleared quik cache again, trimmed 5 minutes off of video and it turned out great! 

It uploaded onto the quik edit and onto youtube very quickly. Thank you again for the quick reply & help.

You can check it out on my youtube channel here > streetofficial 

GoPro

[ New ]
Awesome news, glad this worked out!