Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Quik app 'can't play video'

I've made a new video with the gopro hero 6 and have been able to watch it up until now , whenever I try and watch it says 'can't play video'. I have a samsung s8 does anyone know why this is happening?
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik app 'can't play video'

Hello @sproutyhero

What is the resolution setting for the video that you are trying to play via GoPro App? Not all devices support all of the resolutions that a GoPro offers. Please check if the resolution that you have used is one that is not supported through this article.

Are you able to play back the video the camera or when using a different media player? Make sure that you have the latest GoPro app version installed in your phone, and that the phone is updated to its latest OS version. See if these factor in. I hope to hear back from you. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

The footage is at 2.7k and 60fps. I am able to play back the video on the camera but not on the quik app. I have the latest version of the app so I'm not sure why it's not working (probably because of the resolution as you said).How do I change the resolution?

Thankyou for your help. Hope to hear back from you soon.

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @sproutyhero,

There are ways to play that. 

1. You can try to download the video file to your phone. (If your phone will support the resolution)

2. Downscale the resolution using video editing software or converter such as Handbrake. 

When you say how do change the resolution do you mean change the video resolution of your camera or the file itself?

Regards,

-Jay 

Highlighted
Sightseer

Same thing here with the latest app, standard resolution on an IPhone 11 Pro. Spent hours editing a clip and it won’t play back. First and last clip I’ll edit with this app! Seems like they have no resolution for this problem several years after being reported...
B43B29B8-5164-4390-BE52-22B7615517FA.png
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @sherylhunter505. The Quik for mobile app is no longer in development. It's multi-clip editing function though has been integrated into the GoPro App. If you haven't yet, install the latest version of the GoPro App and start creating your stories. 

Should you encounter an issue with editing or exporting, thesetroubleshooting steps will help.