Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Quik app android file storage

[ New ]

Gopro Hero9, it appears the only way to edit videos (i.e. add gps overlays) is through quik on my phone (android). I have the cloud service which does nothing other than store the files (poor value for money).

Due to the above I need to download the file to the app. At that point quik will try to save to internal storage even if a large SD card is available on the phone. If the filesize exceeds phone's internal storage availability, I cannot load it to the app, therefore I can do nothing to edit the video. I can't find a workaround to have Quik load to sd card. What should I do?

GoPro

Re: Quik app android file storage

[ New ]

Hi @cynthiap84717

We are continuously working on improving the experience of our users.
We'll have this shared with the team in charge.

Instead of transferring the files to the app, try setting up auto-upload.

Once on the cloud, you can then open the files on the app and add GPS stickers.

Save the edit so a copy is also uploaded to the cloud.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for the reply. The suggestion to edit files in the cloud is not possible: "Once on the cloud, you can then open the files on the app and add GPS stickers.Save the edit so a copy is also uploaded to the cloud." I have autoupload already setup, and my videos are in the cloud, but editing in the cloud is not possible, one first needs to download to app, which means the file needs to be downloaded to the phone, so it's still the same issue.

Also, another reply from the Gopro team confirms that the cloud only stores raw files and cannot store edited files, although I haven't confirmed this.

If those actions you suggest were possible, then the cloud service would be a good idea. As it is, it doesn't help in this situation and seems like just a cloud drive with some limitations (i.e. cannot upload edits).

GoPro

[ New ]
The Cloud feature will be evolving. For now yes only the raw media is saved but we want to improve this.
As for the save to another storage instead of phone storage, that is also something that is being investigated.
Those are longterm projects and improvements.