Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
GoPro

Re: Quik Video Exporting Issues on Samsung Galaxy Note 8

[ New ]

@aragon1006 @rose117 @fastpike74286 @rapidjump11407 @fireymesa22358 

Hi all,

I don't know if you're aware of this but in the future Quik App and GoPro App will merge into one single app.

You don't have to own a GoPro to use it, it will still allow for other media than GoPro.

In this vast and huge project which is this "NewApp" we will be addressing this big Samsung / video decoder issue to the best of our ability.

Also: know that GoPro has contacted Samsung to try to work things out on this video decoder limitation but it was inconclusive.

In case you want to participate in the NewApp beta/feedback, follow this thread > https://community.gopro.com/t5/GoPro-Apps-for-Mobile/BETA-TESTING-help-us-make-Video-Editing-better/...  

Cheers,

Tourist

[ New ]

@haindash 

Thanks  for your message. I will take a look on this « beta version program »

Quick stay one of the best app on mobile for fast editing (do you know any other app that you can really use on a phone ?)

the main thing : automatic editing that you can really modifie with one finger 

keep continue to work on it ! Do not give up

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi there. Has this issue been resolved yet by any chance? Without the workaround?
Tourist

[ New ]
Sorry didn't realize I wasn't looking at the latest posts. I signed up for the beta program releases
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi, @paulo107 

I saw that you've signed up, thanks :) 

Now you can ask to join this beta testing group > https://www.facebook.com/groups/goproapp.android.beta

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi, to everyone! I want to add some comment on my solution. I think that the main problem is the updates of note8 system. I was experiencing some problems after updates not only with quik video, but with some other applications too. As an example - garmin application. Modern android software became not less complicated than windows software. So when you going to install the next large update, dont be lazy to wipe your data first, considering opportunities of data backup. It will take not more than an hour, but you will be sure, your system works properly, your battery works properly and all apps also.
Tourist

[ New ]

@rapidjump11407 wrote:
Hi, to everyone! I want to add some comment on my solution. I think that the main problem is the updates of note8 system. I was experiencing some problems after updates not only with quik video, but with some other applications too. As an example - garmin application. Modern android software became not less complicated than windows software. So when you going to install the next large update, dont be lazy to wipe your data first, considering opportunities of data backup. It will take not more than an hour, but you will be sure, your system works properly, your battery works properly and all apps also.

My S9 is actually brand new device and factory reset and I just discovered this issue (so I don't think that's the issue, at least not with the S9).. I'm sure the developers will figure out the decoding issue soon enough (hopefully).

I use the Quik app for Android for everything since the Desktop version for Mac is limited to 1 minute long clips.

Went from SnapDragon 820 (LG v20) to SnapDragon 845 (S9) just so that I can improved my performance with this Quik app unfortunately it does have that transistion stutter issue as noted. 

Sightseer

[ New ]

@haindash Any updates on the newer devices that work smoothly with Quik without any issues?