Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Sightseer

Re: Quik Video Exporting Issues on Samsung Galaxy Note 8

[ New ]

também estou com este mesmo problema no meu Samsung J6, android 8.0, no meu antigo Motorola inferior funcionava perfeitamente.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @fastdusk86381

We are getting some reports regarding the export quality when using a device running on Android 8.0.

What is the version of the (Quik)app installed on your phone?

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

@haindash,

I've seen several posts where you describe this decoder limit that Samsung places on their phones. Do you have any documentation from Samsung to support this? I can't find any reference to this other than these forums. If this is the problem, why are some users reporting that a previous version of Quik worked fine with the same phone? What changed about Quik that it now requires more decoders?

The suggestion to record 1080p video is well taken, but do you know of tools we can use to convert existing files?

GoPro

[ New ]

@flashkube There's no documentation on this, this is what we found out in our testings of Quik with Samsung devices.

Our goal is to improve Quik so that it requires less decoders, it is a lot of background work and we are working on it for the future.

GoPro

[ New ]

If you wish to edit 4k content:
Create a QuikStory via GoPro App, footage is converted to 1080p (original footage remains at 4K)
To create QuikStories automatically: Connect your GoPro (HERO5 or newer) to the GoPro App within 72 hours* after you shot some footage. GoPro App detects your GoPro and files will be automatically transferred, copied on GoPro App Home and ready to be sent to Quik App to make a QuikStory.

* you can change this timing in the GoPro App Settings / QuikStories > choose Media Lookback to 7 days instead of 3.

Hope this helps

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi @haindash,

When you say "Create a QuikStory via GoPro App" how do I do that? When I select a video from the Medial list the only option is to use the Q button which opend Quik.

GoPro

[ New ]

@flashkube I just did that how-to video :) Here: https://gopro.com/v/lr8904D5nElp3

You have to connect your GoPro to your GoPro App after you shot some footage and then it's automatically copied on your GoPro App. You have to do it right after you shot the footage though, there's a time limit > 72 hours after you shoot your footage (on iOS you can choose up to 7 days but I just found out that you can't extend the limit on Android)

Let me know if it helps.

GoPro

[ New ]

Android.png

In the Settings of GoPro App Android > activate Auto-Mode for automated QuikStories.