Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Quik Upload Problems

Myself and a number of other colleagues are not able to upload and share a link for finished work using the Quik app on iOS. Have deleted the app and reinstalled, tried on a number of different iPads across different wifi networks and still the same problem. Gets to 50% when tapping "Copy Link", "Other Sharing Options" and "Email" and then stalls with the message"

IMG_1185.PNG

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik Upload Problems

Hello @ianw24568

Thank you for the feedback. I see that you have already uninstalled and re-installed the app. To verify, which version number for the Quik app do you have on your device? We will look into this and let the development team know. 

Is this a recent happening? Or an ongoing issue?  I tested with an iPhone 6 and was able to save up to a 100%, and copy link. I also tried with Email, and Other Sharing Options and they worked as well. There was an updated Quik for mobile version that was released yesterday. It is version 4.7.2. Is this the same version that you have on your iOS device?

Hope to hear back from you. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Marius,

Thanks for following this up. Myself and other freelance AET/APL trainers use and recommend Quik to many UK schools and it is a great  app for presenting and sharing information quickly and effectively. As such, when I tried to use it with a school I am currently working in and it wouldn’t upload, the teachers were naturally very disappointed.

I am running a couple of versions on different iPads - 5757 (4.7.1) and 5830 (4.7.2),with  both versions have the same problem. I have also just downloaded it (4.7.2) on to my iPhone 6s and had the same problem. On Tuesday 10th last week, I was at home preparing for three days (11th, 12th & 13th) at a school and it worked fine. I then demo the app in the school on Weds. 11th and all of a sudden it stops functioning. Went through all the usual stuff, force quitting the app, altering the project, force restarting the iPads, reinstalling the app, etc. but it still wouldn’t work. I wondered if it was the school network causing an issue so I contacted some freelance colleagues around the UK and they reported back with the same problem. It is as if something changed overnight (UK time) from Tuesday to Wednesday (10th-11th) last week and caused a problem.

Many thanks and hopefully it can be sorted out quickly.

Ian

Education_Trainer_blk_1ln_EMEIA.png
Highlighted
GoPro

Wow! I never imagined such usage for Quik. Thank you for sharing, @ianw24568. I see how very important it is to get this sorted out real quick. Sorry to hear about the troubles you and your colleagues encountered. It seems that all units/devices that were tested are iOS devices. I know there are a number of them that you used for testing, but by any chance, have you been able to check into whether the devices have the latest OS version? So far you have tested across various models, different Quik versions, and different export means. The OS is something we may have not explored yet. 

I will forward this to the team and will keep you posted. Let me know how it works out with checking if the iOS version has an effect. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Hi Marius, 

Trying it on iPad mini (11.3.1), iPhone 6S (11.3.1), iPad Air 2 (11.4) and iPad Pro 10.5 (11.4.1 - latest) and same result on all devices.

Thanks,

Ian

Highlighted
GoPro

I tried with an IPad (11.4) and it went well. Really odd results. Thank you for testing on your end, @ianw24568. I will forward all of these results to the team and will post updates once they are available. Best regards!

Highlighted
Tourist

It is very odd. I could do a screen recording of the process and upload it if that would help?

Highlighted
GoPro

That would be very helpful, @ianw24568 . You can post it here, or upload to YouTube and provide the link here. Thank you!