Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Quik Smart Cuts Not Working (iOS)

Quik smart cuts won’t work anymore. Whenever I select one of the various smart cuts(Action, Travel, People, etc.) I get the message “Quik needs footage from a GoPro...” for reference I am using footage from both a Hero 5 Black and a Hero 8 Black. I am using an iPad Pro and the software is updated (5.0.3)

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik Smart Cuts Not Working (iOS)

@pizzadibosco 

Quik App hasn't been updated in a while and there's no plan for now.

Because of that HERO8 support hasn't been added so Quik doesn't recognize HERO8 as a GoPro :( Sorry about that, you will have to use manual HiLights.

We've introduced the multi-clip-editing experience into GoPro App so you can do your edit right after importing footage from your GoPro. Note that it's also possible to use phone media.

See this article for help https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/how-to-create-a-multi-clip-edit-in-the-gopro-app 

Know that since Quik App hasn't been updated in a while, an update outside of Quik App (OS update, System update) could break the app.

I recommend that you give a try to GoPro App multi-clip editing functionality.

GoPro App has 2 new styles that Quik App doesn't have, as well as color correction + more speed options for slomo at media level. 

Many more updates are planned to improve the global experience and add features! :) 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Is it unedited? @pizzadibosco

Have you tried using other device if they are having the same issue?

-jay

Highlighted
GoPro

@pizzadibosco 

Quik App hasn't been updated in a while and there's no plan for now.

Because of that HERO8 support hasn't been added so Quik doesn't recognize HERO8 as a GoPro :( Sorry about that, you will have to use manual HiLights.

We've introduced the multi-clip-editing experience into GoPro App so you can do your edit right after importing footage from your GoPro. Note that it's also possible to use phone media.

See this article for help https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/how-to-create-a-multi-clip-edit-in-the-gopro-app 

Know that since Quik App hasn't been updated in a while, an update outside of Quik App (OS update, System update) could break the app.

I recommend that you give a try to GoPro App multi-clip editing functionality.

GoPro App has 2 new styles that Quik App doesn't have, as well as color correction + more speed options for slomo at media level. 

Many more updates are planned to improve the global experience and add features! :)