Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Quik App not importing certain videos

I'm at the end of the road here and have reached out to both GoPro & Apple both of which were no help. I recently recorded a bunch of footage at 2.7k and 30fps. I'm trying to use all the footage to make a video using the quik app on my iPhone which I've done in the past with footage recorded at 1080p and 60fps. For some reason many of the clips I try importing prompt an error message stating "We couldn't import these videos. This is likely due to the high frame rate or resolution. We recommend you create shorter clips and import those instead" again, all footage is recorded at 2.7k and 30fps. Some of the clips work, and some prompt this message. None of the clips are more than 30 seconds and some 10 second clips will load whereas some 3-4 second clips will not. I've tried converting all the all footage to 1080p but then I'm unable to get any of the footage onto my iPhone. I've made mov, mp4, & mpeg versions and none of them will save to my iPhone. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated as I don't know what to do anymore. Thank you in advance for any replies.

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Quik App not importing certain videos

I have found solution to this problem. What I do is open the video clip in photos, then edit it in iMovie, even if you cut it 1 second short save that clip and you will be able to use in the Quik app.

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro Community Manager

@chaseer623 - Are you able to import the files onto your phone using the Capture app? Once they're on the phone, you should be able to access them from the Quik app.

If you're not able to import them using Capture, can you let us know which iPhone you're using? Except for the newer iPhones, your phone will need to convert those clips (in most cases down to 1080p) using the phone's processor. If it's having trouble at that point, it could be an issue with memory on the phone itself to both process and to store the clips during conversion.

Thanks,

Jeff

Highlighted
Tourist

Thanks for response, all of the footage is on my capture app as well as my photo library on my iPhone 6. All of the footage and pictures appear in the quik app when attempting to create a video however only some of the files are prompting the error message in quik and can't be used. Again, I'm confused as to why this is because all the footage was filmed at 2.7k 30fps so I don't understand why some clips work and some don't.
Highlighted
Tourist

@chaseer623 have you found the solution for the issue? I'm having exactly the same problem.
Highlighted
Tourist

I have found solution to this problem. What I do is open the video clip in photos, then edit it in iMovie, even if you cut it 1 second short save that clip and you will be able to use in the Quik app.
Highlighted
Tourist

Thank you very much for the work around!
Highlighted
Sightseer

Good one... it is so working
Highlighted
Sightseer

sorry guys but this is no solution... not at all 4 me.

I'm facing exactly the same problem.

I upgraded from iPhone 6 to 7. Everythin worked well on the 6, now for whatever reason using exactly the same files it does not anymore with the 7.

So please, what can I do now?