Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Quik App not available for download in my country Guernsey from Play store. What so I do please?

[ New ]

Accepted Solutions
Tourist

Re: Quik App not available for download in my country Guernsey from Play store. What so I do please?

[ New ]

Hi Haindash

A friend recommended I record a UK bank card in the Play store which fortunately I do have with a UK address and this worked, so I do have the app on my Samsung mobile now.

Thanks for your help

Malc

View solution in original post

GoPro

Re: Quik App not available for download in my country Guernsey from Play store. What so I do please?

[ New ]
Great news! Thanks it's working for you now :)

View solution in original post

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

Sorry about that, this is frustrating for us also, it's a combination of technical obstacles that makes it impossible for us to sell subscriptions in all regions.

If you own a GoPro, which is paired with the GoPro Quik app, you can make unlimited Stories but you can't be using premium tools such as: premium styles, filters, music and the speed segment tool.

For Speed Tool: you can put the whole video in slomo or fastmo - for that tap on the whole segment, this part is still free - but you can't make different segments with different speeds, that part is premium.
So when making a Story make sure you are not using any features that has a little blue lightning icon, those are premium features requiring a GoPro Subscription.

https://community.gopro.com/t5/en/GoPro-Quik-Free-vs-Subscription-Features/ta-p/1028709
Tourist

[ New ]

Thanks for the reply but I'm not sure what you mean as I already have a GoPro Subscription.

Why am I not able to download the Quik App directly from the GoPro site?

The Apple download to an iPad worked okay but it would be my Samsung mobile that I would want with me when using the GoPro. 

It is pretty useless for uploads outside without being able to pair it with my mobile.

Hope you can help.

Thanks

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi @misterdoubt

Sorry about that, I thought that you were getting an information that the subscription isn't available in your region.

What is the OS version of your Android device?

Compatible Mobile Devices
iOS Devices (iOS 13 or newer)
Android devices running Android 8.0 or later

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi haindash

I have a Samsung Galaxy A6 with Android version 10

Hope you can let me know how I can get the Quik App on that.

cheers

Mslc

GoPro

[ New ]
Hi,

The app is available in 136 countries, Guernsey isn't in the list I'm sorry. Can you maybe change your region in the PlayStore for the UK maybe?
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi Haindash

A friend recommended I record a UK bank card in the Play store which fortunately I do have with a UK address and this worked, so I do have the app on my Samsung mobile now.

Thanks for your help

Malc

GoPro

[ New ]
Great news! Thanks it's working for you now :)