Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist
Accepted Solution

Quik App Android - deleting a project and all its files

hello,

I just finished editing multiple large sized videos with Quik on my mobile device. The videos were originally stored on Google Photos and in the process of creating my project, I assume the videos were downloaded to the Quik app.

Now that the project is done, how do I ensure the original videos are deleted from my phone to free up my memory? Is it enough to delete to project on the Quik app?

And BTW - if I don't delete the project, all videos are still stored on my phone, or would the app just point to the original videos on Google Photos?

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quik App Android - deleting a project and all its files

Hello, @yuvalc5. The app will still source the video from Google Photos. The videos that you have downloaded are not saved in the Quik app. so deleting the edited video from the app will be enough. You may also clear cache on the app settings in your phone to free up more storage space. 

View solution in original post

All Replies
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello, @yuvalc5. The app will still source the video from Google Photos. The videos that you have downloaded are not saved in the Quik app. so deleting the edited video from the app will be enough. You may also clear cache on the app settings in your phone to free up more storage space. 

Highlighted
Tourist

thanks for your response!

so just to be clear - if I don't delete the project on my phone (keeping it there for possible future edits), the videos themselves are not stored on my phone but rather still reside on Google Photos? I just want to make sure that I don't consume that much memory on my cell phone.

Highlighted
GoPro

You are correct, @yuvalc5. If you would like to do further edits in the future, you should be able to do so with the project video that is saved in Quik. 

Highlighted
Tourist

thanks for making this clear!