Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Tourist

Quickstories for android / videos freezes

Hello

Quickstories in android is a quite good app. Easy to use on travel when you want to share your trip "live" before to make a real film when you're back home.

the problem is that have issues on my phones with the app. What ever I use as preset setting (the preset to choose the style and transitions between the rushs) the result is the same.

on 40% of the transitions between the différent videos (files form gopro 7 black) the videos freeze. The last image freezes on each (not all but..) transition between 2 video files on the project. So it looks pretty bad at the finl result. I only use 1080p 60 fps files from the 7 black.

I tried on a Samsung S6 and a Samsung S7. Same result.

Did someone got the same issue ?  Is it a problem of phone

Maybe an update will solve the problem ?

Thanks for your help

Highlighted
GoPro

Re: Quickstories for android / videos freezes

Hello @fireymesa22358

Thank you for using the Quik for mobile application. Sorry to hear about the trouble you are experiencing. The app crashing on an Android device indicates that either it is having trouble processing one of the files included, or it is experiencing a memory pressure. 

There are suggested steps discussed in this article that you can try. See if the issue will be cleared out after performing such steps. Let us know how it goes. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Highlighted
Tourist

Re: Quickstories for android / videos freezes

Hello Marius

Thanks for your reply.

Of course your understood that I meant "problems" instead of "issues" in my message.

I do not have any app crashing on my Samsung S6 or S7. Just the video files inside the project which freeze just before the transition betxeen to video files.

I will take a look on the link you mention, but I don't think it will help.

Any bodyelse have this kind of problem with Quick on Android ?

Thank you

BR

Yannick