Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Quick won't create videos

[ New ]
I've used the app several times now I can't select multiple images to create a video, any ideas. All I can do is click one image then it takes me back to the main menu.
Explorer

Re: Quick won't create videos

[ New ]
Hold down the Shift button as you select videos.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @grandsurf35183

You should be able to select multiple files. Do you see the checkbox on the corner of the files?

What phone are you using? Do you have the latest version of the app?

For reference, you may also check Create A Video Using Quik for mobile

Thanks!

Ej

Explorer

[ New ]
LOL, my bad, I was thinking Quik Desktop app.
Tourist

[ New ]
I have a Huawei p smart, the app worked fine and now it doesn't. If I check the image in the top left it reverts back to the main screen. It's really annoying
Explorer

[ New ]
Go into app manager and clear the cache. If that doesn't work, uninstall, restart the phone and re-install the app.
Tourist

[ New ]
Bummer, done all that and still no joy....
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @grandsurf35183

Are these GoPro files or files saved on your phone?

Does this happen as soon as you tap on one image or after clicking the blue check to proceed with the edit?

Would you mind sharing a screenshot of your Quik media screen?

This will help us assess the issue further.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi. I have the same problem on my Huawei P20. The footage is not GoPro but until few days ago everything it was OK.

Just after i click on the file the app are returning on the start page. I have desinstalled and installed the app, i have restarted the phone.

Thanks

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @fireymesa353

Does it happen when you add only photos? Or is it when both videos and photos are included?

Are the photos in the following supported format: JPEG, PNG, WEBP, and GIF (GIF might remain static, not animated) ?

I just tried adding photos (both GoPro and non-GoPro) to a project and I was able to successfully complete and save the edit. 

Which OS version is your  phone running on? Also, which Quik app version do you have?

Hope to hear back from you. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]
I’m using the quick app for mobile on iPhone X. I can’t make movies. When I try to re-organize the order of my movies or slides it crashes I read downloaded the apps that did not work. I updated my GoPro apps and that did not work On my Quik app there is a number three in a red circle and I cannot find what that issue is or how to fix it I’ve been using your app for years can you please help me Thanks you guys are totally cool
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @winebro

Thank you for the support. Sorry to hear that you are having issues with creating movies in Quik. 

Will you be able to send us a screenshot showing the number 3 in red circle?

There are troubleshooting steps here Quik for Mobile Crashes that will help resolve the issue. Have a go at them and let us know how it work out. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Explorer

[ New ]
The 3 is most likely just notifications (such as when a video has been created or you have new media). You just need to clear the app notifications from your phone app manager, or just turn notifications off.

GoPro is currently Beta testing a new mobile app. It is being tested by users all over the world right now. They had open registration awhile back in their Facebook page for Android and iOS. Hopefully it will be released soon.

In the meantime, there may be an issue with one or two of the videos in your project (even if they play fine, sometimes the metadata can be incorrectly written when the media being written is closed). Or, there could be a memory conflict or issue (which this sounds like).

Go into the app settings and clear imported media. Next, go into your app manager and clear the Quik cache.

To test it Quik is working correctly, make four new 15 second clips in 1080p/60fps and make a new Quik project with them. Read the behavior that was causing the crash (re-organizing clips) and see if the crash persist. If not, the issue might be with one or more of the clips in your original project. Unfortunate, the only way to know which one is to make projects and each time add a new video clip until one makes the project crash.

Also, are you using the music provided in Quik, or are you adding your own?
How many clips are in your project?
What is the project length (time)?
What resolution/frame rate are your video clips?
Are you using GPS stickers?
Are you using the GPS speed indicator?
Do you have slow motion clips?
What Effect are you using (Epic, RAW, Sunny,...)?
What are the settings in the app (high quality, 1080p/60fps,...)
GoPro

[ New ]

@danielr15 @grandsurf35183 @winebro @fireymesa353 

We are investigating the issue reported by several users that when adding a photo the app is crashing. Sorry about that, we are looking into it.

Explorer

[ New ]

@haindash 

I've only noticed it with photos that I have edited with Snapseed (I haven't tried other editors).  Additionally, I have not tested with Alpha/Beta software, but will.

GoPro

[ New ]

@danielr15  it's a new issue affecting Quik App Production version, we're looking into it.

Tourist

[ New ]
The files are on my phone, as soon as I tap an image the screen reverts back to the initial screen to start making a video...
Tourist

[ New ]

It is happening only for photo. 

The format of the photo are OK. I have the last version of Quiq.

Unfortunatelly all the GoPro software is getting worse!

I do not understand how can GoPro can brake a app that is working !

GoPro

[ New ]

Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Rest assured, we're working deliberately to get the issue resolved as soon as possible. You should be receiving an email once the order is updated. Your time and patience are very much appreciated.

GoPro

[ New ]

@grandsurf35183 @fireymesa353

The issue has been identified as an update of Google which now requires an update of Quik App, the Team is working on it.

Sorry for the delay, it requires more work than anticipated. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Everyone. 

The fix for Quik for mobile app crashing when adding a photo is now available on Google Play Store. Please install the latest version of Quik App (or update to it).  After updating, clear cache on the app (phone) settings (just clear cache and not clear data), and restart your phone. Please let us know if the app works correctly now. 

Thanks, 
Marius