Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Quick dont show downloaded videos

Hi gopro, downloaded a view videos to quick but it only shows black screen. The music starts playing though. If I try it with pictures it works well. I already deleted the app and intstalled it again. Can you help me with this problem?

Gr Kaspar
GoPro

Re: Quick dont show downloaded videos

Hi @kasparinho

What phone are you using?

Do you have the Quik up to date?

Do you still remember the resolution used on these videos?

Are you able to play the video files on the GoPro app?

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

Thanks for your respons. Im using a fairphone 2 on android. I installed quick again so its up to date. Resolution is 1920 x 1080 and I can play the video on the gopro app. Also when I send a video via whatsapp it plays well.

The quick app worked perfectly on my last video a few weeks ago.. I hope you can find a solution, thanks a lot.

Gr Kaspar
Tourist

GoPro

Thanks for getting back to us @kasparinho

Try these steps:

• Change the video style 
  • Modify a little something in your project 
  • Pause the preview to let it load 
  • Make your video a bit shorter  
  • Close, reopen the app and restart your device   
  • Free up memory by closing all other apps 
  • Free up space on your device (if the app crashes at 100% by a "save to photos" it's probably because you don't have enough space)
  • Update your device to the current operating system
  • Restart Quik: exit project, save it as a draft, exit and kill app, start it again.
  • Try a simple video style such as: Grammy or Raw (video styles such as Action and Lapse are more demanding)
  • Last resort: try to make a clean install BUT be aware that your videos in Quik for mobile will be deleted so make sure you save them to your camera roll first. However know that videos uploaded online are still there. Clean install can help, especially after an update.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

Hi @aragon1006, Thanks voor your solutions, i tried them all but it didnt work out. But I tried on another phone and didnt had any problem their. I recently update my fairphone to android 7.1.2, before this I didnt had any problems. Is their any chance that it has to do something with this? It seems like the videos are not downloaded on my phone the right way because the memory is the same after downloading from go pro. Despite on that, the files are showed on my phone.. Thanks again. Gr Kaspar