09-16-2019 06:15 AM
1. I do not use quick story but regular functionality
2. I use the app on my mobile phone only
3. I have new samsung s10e with android system
4. I downloaded a newest version of quick
5. I cleared catches
6. As soon as I try to edit the movie app closes.
Where is the problem? I will be grateful for your prompt reply.
09-16-2019 10:57 AM
Thanks or getting back to us @zippyrange03355
What phone model/s did you try?
Are you editing GoPro files or files taken with your phone?
If you have GoPro app installed on your phone, please do a test edit and see if the same happens.
09-18-2019 02:10 AM
Sorry about the issue you are having.
For the stand-alone video editing app Quik App (Android/iOS) I have no info concerning updates.
If the app is crashing at start your best bet is to delete the app and try to install again.
If the app doesn't save your final edit (freeze/Crash during export process) try this:
- go back, exit your project and save it as a draft. It will be saved on the Quik Home.
- Then kill the app completely, reboot your device.
- Open Quik App, reopen the draft, change something: I suggest you use the video style RAW.
- Try to move around some media + delete one media (photo or video), then export again.
- Make sure you have space on your device.
We've rencently introduced the multi-clip-editing experience in GoPro App so you can do your edit right after importing footage from your GoPro. Note that it's also possible to use phone media.
See this article for help https://gopro.com/help/articles/how_to/how-to-create-a-multi-clip-edit-in-the-gopro-app
Know that since Quik App hasn't been updated in a while, an update outside of Quik App (OS update, System update) could break the app.
I recommend that you give a try to GoPro App multi-clip editing functionality. (version 6.0)
Also: an update of GoPro App will come very soon with many issues fixed and new things.
09-18-2019 04:15 AM