Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Re: Quick app crashing

[ New ]
@victor86pr My app crashes a couple seconds after opening. I am unable to start a video but i can see it started flashbacks. I did a restart and reinstall but no change
Tourist

[ New ]
@victor86pr both.
Tourist

[ New ]
Just wanted to report Quik on my XS Max 64gb started crashing today. It's strange because I was able to do a short test video this weekend. This time though, I only used the existing photos on my camera roll. No video clips from my hero7 and it crashed. I already joined the FB group and wanted to report this here as it's not limited to the high capacity phones.
GoPro

[ New ]

@jorgea1417 Thanks for reporting and for joining the group. I'll publish a link to the beta as soon as it's ready. I'm hoping to get it very soon now

GoPro

[ New ]

@jorgea1417 @goprokarma @dandexterjr @victor86pr @fasthero31620 @rockystorm00108 @rappefiets @rapidriver70145 @hoox @aaronm26588

5.0.1 beta is now available, follow this link to get the beta > https://testflight.apple.com/join/grBiK0aL

Hope this helps, let me know :)

Tourist

[ New ]
The app beta is working properly so far! It does not crash as soon as opened and I am able to view and add media to projects from camera roll and the GoPro plus account! I’ll update if I run into any issues.
Tourist

[ New ]
The beta is working flawlessly! Thanks for staying engaged on this issue and providing a solution. I will update this thread with any issues that may come up.
Tourist

[ New ]
Just in time for my trip! Thank you @haindash!
GoPro

[ New ]

Glad to hear that :) Thanks a lot!!!

Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you so much for the link to the Beta-version, it works fine! So glad... 

Sightseer

[ New ]
iPhone XS, 256, no error message just crashes 5 seconds after I’m in the app. I see the list of thumbnails for the app’s auto-made videos of each week on the screen. There’s not even enough time to click one. It just crashes. Occasionally I can click the “+” button the create and it crashes instantly.
Tourist

[ New ]
@coolcreek15346 no worries their is a beta now that is working great. I am sure GoPro will update the app soon. The other part that no one has mentioned is. Do you have a GoPro Plus account? My never crashed after reinstalling it. But others did. I do not have GoPro Plus. I wonder if it happened when the app tries to open your save data from the GoPro Plus account stored on the cloud that is causing it to crash.
Tourist

[ New ]
@victor86pr I do not have GoPro Plus, and have uninstalled and still crashes. Hope the beta test is going well as I am not old enough to join.
GoPro

[ New ]
@coolcreek15346 5.0.1 beta is now available, follow this link to get the beta > https://testflight.apple.com/join/grBiK0aL
It fixes the crash :)
GoPro

[ New ]
The beta fixes the crash yes > https://testflight.apple.com/join/grBiK0aL
Didn't know about the age thing, sorry :(
Sightseer

[ New ]
Yes, same here... iPhone XS max 256 and crashes after 4-5 seconds
GoPro

[ New ]

Is this even with the Beta from https://testflight.apple.com/join/grBiK0aL , @agileoasis34122?

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi all - I'm using the Quik mobile App beta version 5.0.1 since 25th of October 2018. It works fine and I'm very happy with it. I've never got/heared about a follow update yet. May I ask if this is still the actual version or is there an update in the meantime? 

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi - is there an update on the 5.0.1 beta in the meantime?
Tourist

[ New ]
Check the App Store? If you have the beta you should have gotten a notification. It’s now 5.0.2
GoPro

[ New ]

The update 5.0.2 has news musics in it, it's available on the AppStore. Since it was not a really impacting update, we didn't need to make an external beta. We can download it directly from the AppStore. You don't have to be on the beta any more.

@firstclass1