Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Re: Quick app crashing

Same here - it is a bug where Quik - Go Pro app does not work on iOS 12 - iPhone XS / Max - i have a XS MAX 512GB and was working fine till i decided to make a video and since then it keeps crashing - tried all usual things - uninstall, reboot, reset, install but the same problem persists. it would be good to have this supported on XS ASAP as the product is AWESOME!!!!

GoPro

Thank you for the input, @weqtq4@rapidriver70145, @shaykster and @firstclass1. Our team is still working on a fix for iOS devices.We are waiting on a new version of the Quik app to be released.  We will update you again once we have new information. Appreciate your patience. 

Tourist

Maybe I got lucky but after uninstalling all the GoPro apps. Doing a hard reset on my XS MAX 256 Gb phone and reinstalling the app everything has been working perfect on my phone. The only problem I encounter sometimes is the WiFi for the GoPro is not picked up. So I have to hard reset the phone again so it will come up and I can transfer my videos and photos to my phone.
Seems like the GoPro team has been really active on this problem cause it affects the App and the new cameras. I wish they where this active fixing the issues with the Hero 6 saving your media on the wrong date (2016-01-01) and the stabilization been horrible after the last update. But I guess that’s my fault for not buying there new product.
Highlighted
Tourist

By the way the hard reset is different on this phone. Press the up volume button once, the down button once and then press and hold the side button only until the phone turns off and reboot. I usually press it till the Apple logo shows up again and then I let go.
Tourist

@victor86pr , that isn’t a hard reset. That is considered a soft reset. A hard reset is a factory reset of the phone.
Tourist

@fasthero31620 base on the iBook from Apple for ios 12. That is a Forced Restart or hard reset they use both terms in different parts of the book. A soft restart is the other word they mention and is just simply holding the side button till the phone slider shows up. And you slide left to restart the phone. We don’t want to reset the whole phone to factory and go with all the steps for a simple app not working.
I do not think the WiFi problem is a GoPro problem, is more of a iPhone problem as other items like Bluetooth seem to be affected also.
If the App is force closing. I had that problem when I first change to the new phone. But honestly it hasn’t not done it since I delete the app and Force Restarted the phone in order to install the app again. It is nice that GoPro is working with Apple to fix this problem but I think is an Apple mistake as other apps are doing it also. Not GoPro fault.
The 3 button step is the number one thing Apple tech support will tell you to do every time their is a problem with the phone.
Tourist

How is the beta test for the update coming? My app is now crashing after every 10 seconds instead of 5 seconds.

Thanks
Tourist

XS max Crash here also :(