Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Quick app crashing

[ New ]
On my iPhone Xs Max the quick app crashes within 5 seconds of me opening it. I have uninstalled the app several times but the same thing keeps happening.

Accepted Solutions
GoPro

Re: Quick app crashing

[ New ]

Hello Eveyone, 

Thank you for your feedback. I gather that everyone is using iPhone XS. Do you all have the 256GB storage capacity unit? Are you getting any error message when you attempt to use the Quik app for mobile?  Hope to hear back from you. 

Best regards, 
Marius

View solution in original post

GoPro

[ New ]

@goprokarma@rappefiets@rapidriver70145@rockystorm00108

Sorry about that: the app crashes at boot on iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max. We are working on compatibility with the new iPhones and will be shipping an update 5.0.1 soon. If you want to beta test it ask to join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quik.ios.beta/ 

I'll accept you and you'll get the beta when it's ready.

Cheers,

View solution in original post

GoPro

[ New ]

All Replies
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @goprokarma

I have raised this to the team in charge.

I'll have this post updated once I have some information.

In most cases, crashing issues are fixed by an update.

Please make sure that you always have the latest version.

Continue to check our website for more updates.

Thanks!

Ej

Sightseer

[ New ]

Hi

Intrestingly enough my Quik app is also crashing. Iphone Xs Max 256GB is the phone used. IOS 12.

Same issue as the initial user. Any update yet?

Tourist

[ New ]
I think it is an issue with not currently campatable with the new phones.
Tourist

[ New ]
I have a similair problem, app crashes after I want to edit a playback. Then I have to reinstall because it keeps crashing. Running quik on iPhone Xs 256 gb.
Tourist

[ New ]

I am having the same problem, Quik will crash within a few seconds after the App starts. It's on a iPhone Max 512GB with iOS 12.

Quik works fine on my old iPhone and iPad.

Some times I can get it to work after a reboot / deleting all flash backs / reinstall APP, but it's not a sure fix.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello Eveyone, 

Thank you for your feedback. I gather that everyone is using iPhone XS. Do you all have the 256GB storage capacity unit? Are you getting any error message when you attempt to use the Quik app for mobile?  Hope to hear back from you. 

Best regards, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

Yes to XS, but mine is a 512GB

and there is no error message, just crash

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi Marius, I dont get a error message just crash. When I download 4K30 material from my Gopro it says my iPhone is not suited and I should use lower resolution. This worked on my iPhone x.

Kind regards.
Cor
GoPro

[ New ]

Appreciate your replies, @rapidriver70145 and @rappefiets . We will keep you posted. 

Highlighted
Tourist

[ New ]
Mine is the XS but mine is a 64 gb I also do not get a crash message
GoPro

[ New ]

This noted, @goprokarma.  Thank you!

GoPro

[ New ]

@goprokarma@rappefiets@rapidriver70145@rockystorm00108

Sorry about that: the app crashes at boot on iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max. We are working on compatibility with the new iPhones and will be shipping an update 5.0.1 soon. If you want to beta test it ask to join here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/quik.ios.beta/ 

I'll accept you and you'll get the beta when it's ready.

Cheers,

Tourist

[ New ]
Yes. Also iPhone XS. 512Gb. Crashes shortly after startup.
*Workaround : I can avoid the crash if I quickly (within 5 seconds) start a new video project or if I import the clips from the GoPro app and “open in Quik”.
So the editing is not causing the crash. Just staying on the opening screen or doing anything else will crash.
Deleted and reinstalled the app and that doesn’t fix it.
GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks for the info @hoox will add it to the bug report :)

Sightseer

[ New ]

Same issue. iPhone 10max 256.

Tourist

[ New ]
Hi
I‘m using the iPhone XS 512GB and I‘ve the same problem since a few days. The Quik-App crashes in 5-10 seconds after opened it, I reinstalled the App 3 times, but still the same problem here. What‘s the problem?
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @firstclass1

Thank you for sharing the information. Our team is working on this crashing issue.

Please continue to check our website for updates.

Regards!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
I was referred to your post since I also had problems with my app. The problem is different. My did not connect to WiFi. Here is what I did and it seems to fix my problem. Try it see if it works for you.
I uninstall the app. I performed a hard reset on the iPhone.
I reset the network setting on the GoPro.
Re-install the app and performed the new connection.
That seemed to have solved the problem. I tried all of the in separate and nothing worked. Did all of them together and it work. Hope it works for you too
Sightseer

[ New ]
One more here... same problem on mu xs max 256gb 😞
Tourist

[ New ]
I also have an iPhone XS Max and several of my apps. GoPro and none GoPro apps where not working correctly after transferring from my old phone to the new one. All of them so far are working perfect after deleting the apps. Performing a hard reset on the iPhone and than reinstalling the apps. You should all try doing this see if it works for you. I have the 256Gb and this has worked for me in the GoPro Ap. The Quik App. The Best Buy App. The Chase App and the PlayStation App. I did my old phone backup and restore to my new phone with my iMAC. I got a feeling something did not go correct in that process.
Tourist

[ New ]

I have the same problem on iPhone XMax 512 GB

Tourist

[ New ]
Same issue here any update to solve the problem
GoPro

[ New ]

@royalvista0750 @coolmesa4620 We're working on it!

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks @victor86pr that's good to know. We're finishing up update 5.0.1 to send the fix.

Tourist

[ New ]
My Quick app is now working. I did not do anything. I do have on automatic update so I don’t know if there was an update.
GoPro

[ New ]

@goprokarma Nope we didn't publish the update yet ;) But good to hear that it's working now though!

Sightseer

[ New ]
Very strange. My app worked yesterday completely fine (iphone max) for a couple of hours and all of a sudden it started crashing. I reinstalled the app and it crashes every 5 minutes. I also lost all my previous videos. When I tried logging in it said I didn’t have an account (I created a second one). And finally, i don’t see a “restore my previous purchases” ... I believe I had an add on to remove the water mark st the end? Thank you
Tourist

[ New ]

Hi there, has this been updated as yet? Mine is the same 256gb Iphone xs

Cheers, Nick

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @amg445,

Please uninstall and reinstall the app. 

Please let us know if that will work. 

Thanks,

-Jay 

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi there, tried that, and worked for a couple of minutes then back to crashing!

GoPro

[ New ]

Got it @amg445,

May I know if you're using a Wi-Fi or Mobile Data?

Thanks,

-Jay 

Tourist

[ New ]

This is via wi-fi at the moment, Cheers, Nick

GoPro

[ New ]

Thanks @amg445

We'll take note of this information.

We are working on the issue and we'll get this post updated as soon as we have information.

Regards,

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]

@spirydawn00226 @goprokarma @amg445

Sorry about that, we are still working on fixing the crash on the new iPhones. Sorry it's taking so long :(

When 5.0.1 beta is ready you can get it here, https://www.facebook.com/groups/quik.ios.beta/ please ask to join.

Tourist

[ New ]
Anyway to be a part of the beta outside of Facebook? I don’t have a Facebook account.
Sightseer

[ New ]

Same problem still, but also had it on the iPhone 8? 

And the irony: Your link to sign up for a fix for a broken app is broken. Seems to be like you guys have a Software QA problem haha

Tourist

[ New ]

98A5CF78-3860-4DF7-8F96-4B47E9929DA2.jpeg

It seems to me whenever the circled part starts to show, the crashes begin to happen... 

Tourist

[ New ]

Tried all the mentioned tipps here (uninstall, install new, start the iphone xs aso.), but the app still crash after opened it :(

Tourist

[ New ]

Hello Marius,

yes, I've the iPhone Xs but with 512GB and the app still crash after opened it (I tried all mentioned tipps here: uninstall, start the iPhone new, install the app again aso. aso.) :(

Sightseer

[ New ]

Same here - it is a bug where Quik - Go Pro app does not work on iOS 12 - iPhone XS / Max - i have a XS MAX 512GB and was working fine till i decided to make a video and since then it keeps crashing - tried all usual things - uninstall, reboot, reset, install but the same problem persists. it would be good to have this supported on XS ASAP as the product is AWESOME!!!!

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for the input, @weqtq4@rapidriver70145, @shaykster and @firstclass1. Our team is still working on a fix for iOS devices.We are waiting on a new version of the Quik app to be released.  We will update you again once we have new information. Appreciate your patience. 

Tourist

[ New ]
Maybe I got lucky but after uninstalling all the GoPro apps. Doing a hard reset on my XS MAX 256 Gb phone and reinstalling the app everything has been working perfect on my phone. The only problem I encounter sometimes is the WiFi for the GoPro is not picked up. So I have to hard reset the phone again so it will come up and I can transfer my videos and photos to my phone.
Seems like the GoPro team has been really active on this problem cause it affects the App and the new cameras. I wish they where this active fixing the issues with the Hero 6 saving your media on the wrong date (2016-01-01) and the stabilization been horrible after the last update. But I guess that’s my fault for not buying there new product.
Tourist

[ New ]
By the way the hard reset is different on this phone. Press the up volume button once, the down button once and then press and hold the side button only until the phone turns off and reboot. I usually press it till the Apple logo shows up again and then I let go.
Tourist

[ New ]
@victor86pr , that isn’t a hard reset. That is considered a soft reset. A hard reset is a factory reset of the phone.
Tourist

[ New ]
@fasthero31620 base on the iBook from Apple for ios 12. That is a Forced Restart or hard reset they use both terms in different parts of the book. A soft restart is the other word they mention and is just simply holding the side button till the phone slider shows up. And you slide left to restart the phone. We don’t want to reset the whole phone to factory and go with all the steps for a simple app not working.
I do not think the WiFi problem is a GoPro problem, is more of a iPhone problem as other items like Bluetooth seem to be affected also.
If the App is force closing. I had that problem when I first change to the new phone. But honestly it hasn’t not done it since I delete the app and Force Restarted the phone in order to install the app again. It is nice that GoPro is working with Apple to fix this problem but I think is an Apple mistake as other apps are doing it also. Not GoPro fault.
The 3 button step is the number one thing Apple tech support will tell you to do every time their is a problem with the phone.
Tourist

[ New ]
How is the beta test for the update coming? My app is now crashing after every 10 seconds instead of 5 seconds.

Thanks
Tourist

[ New ]
XS max Crash here also :(
Tourist

[ New ]
@dandexteejr @goprokarma how long is your video when it crashes? Is the app running for 10 seconds than crashing. Or Asoon as you play a video or try to create a video it does it. Their has to be more to it. I only have small videos with 10 - 15 seconds max. I created just for test because honestly I do not use the app I rather use my Mac. Did you delete the app. Force restart and download the app again?
GoPro

[ New ]

@fasthero31620

Sorry about that, I'll see about getting a link to test the beta on this thread when it's ready. We're still working on it.