Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

Quick Sees but Won't Connect to HERO4 Session

[ New ]

I just recently uploaded Quck App to my Android phone to use with my 3 year old camera.  When trying to pair it with my HERO4 Session, the App sees the camera (by name) but won't connect.  After multiple failures it asks for camera password but I don't believe I've ever added a password to the camera.

If erased the Wifi memory on the phone.  The camera doesn't show up on Bluetooth so nothing to erase there.  I Unistalled and re-installed the App....same thing.

Camera is up to date with software.

GoPro

Re: Quick Sees but Won't Connect to HERO4 Session

[ New ]

Hello, @richardd8304. Reset the camera's Wi-Fi name and password by pressing and holding the Mode/back button. After the reset, pair the camera with the app. You will be asked to put in a PIN at first. Input the PIN displayed on the camera screen. After this step, you will be asked for a new name and password. Once done, the camera will pair with the app. 

Tourist

[ New ]

That made things worse.  Now the App says "We Can't Find Your GoPro" and the camera eventually countdowns and says "FAILED".

Tourist

[ New ]

Me again.  After trying over and over and over and over, sure enough it connected.  Now what?  It took me to a page on Quick to edit video and **bleep**.  All I want to be able to do is control my camera.  Can't see where my camera is listed and it takes me back to "Connect Your Camera" and right back where I started with "Can't find Camera".

Frustrating to say the least.

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @richardd8304

What phone are you using?

Do you observe the same when pairing the camera with another device?

Check out GoPro Quik: Troubleshoot Connectivity Issues

It will also help if you can share a video of the issue when attempting to pair.

Let us know how it goes.
You may also reach out to our Support Team through https://gopro.com/help/ContactUs for further assistance.

Thanks!

Ej