Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see if it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Tourist

QUIK FOR DESKTOP keeps asking me to login over and over

[ New ]
After i log into the QUIK app for desktop it flashes "downloading data" screen for a second, and than goes back to login screen. After i log again it just opens app's home screen, as if no camera is connected. Than, if i try to go anywere it asks me to login again.

I can not load data from my camera, as the app keeps asking me to login. I run windows 10 x64. My internet connection as OK, i have restarted and reinstalled the app - nothing works. Can you please address my issue?

P.S. I've copied that text, as somebody esle used to have the same problem!

NONE of you apps work on my PC, and my PC is new and very powerfull.

Webcam app doesn't launch at all.

Quick app doesn't see my camera and asks me to login every time I click on something...

I'm stucked in a loop! 

FIX THIS!

GoPro

Re: QUIK FOR DESKTOP keeps asking me to login over and over

[ New ]

Hi @hyperproskater

Please try the steps below:

Open Quik for desktop
While on the login screen, select the “Help” tab above the Quik for desktop window
Select “Restart with default settings”
A modal will appear saying “Are you sure?“. Click “Restart” once more.
Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time.
Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to log in successfully.

Also, please note that Quik for desktop is no longer being developed.

You may also explore other programs that can be used for the same purpose. Moreover, the GoPro Quik app also supports importing, viewing, and editing GoPro media on a compatible mobile device. 

Thanks!

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
All I need is to make my gopro work as webcam, but nothing works… webcam app doesn’t launch at all and askes mt to send a report right away, I’ve reinstalled it and repaired it many times… I’ve mostly bought gopro special for my streaming purposes, and still can’t use it… nobody from your stuff can help me…
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @hyperproskater

What camera are you using?

What version is the webcam app on?

Can you also share a screenshot of the error?

Thanks!
Ej

Tourist

[ New ]
I’m using GoPro10 Black, but that doesn’t matter as this app doesn’t launch at all, I’ve downloaded the app from official website a week ago, so I guess It’s the latest version, There is no point of sending a screenshot, it just says “do you want to send a report, Yes or No”… right after I click on the app, I’ve tried to run in as an administrator as well… I have Windows 10 and my PC a powerful gaming computer.
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @hyperproskater

This has been shared with the team.

We'll post back for updates.

Thanks!

Ej

GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @hyperproskater. For issues where you are seeing a crash report screen on startup and cannot get the webcam started, please try this beta build at https://www.facebook.com/groups/goprowebcam/permalink/609586780392947 and let us know how it goes. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]
Looks like it’s the same file as I’ve downloaded from GoPro website, still the same problem, one more thing I’ve forgot to tell you, I get this Send Report message right after installation is finished…
GoPro

[ New ]

Sorry to hear that the issue remains, @hyperproskater. We appreciate you updating us on the results of your testing. We will forward this to the team. We will keep this thread updated with new information as we receive them. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

I am having the same problem with Quik for Windows. It prompts for a password every time I click on something. 

GoPro, fix this please, it is not possible to use Quik on desktop! 

GoPro

[ New ]

@sailingskipper, see if the following steps will help: 

1. Open Quik for desktop 
  2. While on the login screen, select the "Help" tab above the Quik for desktop window 
  3. Select "Restart with default settings" 
  4. A modal will appear saying "Are you sure?". Click "Restart" once more. 
  5. Quik for desktop will close and reopen. Quik for desktop will appear as if you installed it for the first time. 
  6. Go to the login screen and input your credentials. You should then be able to login successfully.
Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you for this advice. I did it many times and it doesn't help. Unfortunately after I login successfully after resetting to defaults it again asks for a password when I try to do anything. 

Quik for desktop is RIP I assume.