Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Highlighted
Hiker

Protunes vanished from app

Can anyone advise why protunes has vanished from the GoPro app. I’m using a 3+ black. I used to be able to change the settings but I have somehow done something to make it vanish.

Please advise
Highlighted
Hiker

Re: Protunes vanished from app

Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @spadeslayer

The Protune settings should still be available on the app.

Try to uninstall and reinstall, see if this gets the option back on your app.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Hiker

Hi, I’ve tried that and even installed the app on my IPad and it still shows the same thing, making me believe I’ve pressed something on the camera
Highlighted
GoPro

Hi @spadeslayer

Have you tried pairing the camera with a different phone?

This is just to help isolate the issue further.

If the options are still missing, I recommend doing a manual software update.

https://gopro.com/update/hero3_plus

Hope to hear from you again.

Regards,

Ej

Highlighted
Tourist

Same thing has happened to me after this latest version 5 update. The GoPro app was able to control my Hero 3+ Black just fine before said update. In the app, the settings are stuck on what appears to be the photo mode options, but if I were to change the resolution to say 2.7k, the changes do refelect onto the camera and will record video just fine. After changing the settings everything remains the same on the app, almost as if the screen was frozen. I will attach a screenshot of what my app looks like even though the settings are currently set for video at 2.7k/30fps. I am also missing protune like you mentioned. 

I have contacted GoPro via a phone call and they said that they will get back to me with help as soon as they possibly can. 

1.jpg
Highlighted
Hiker

That is exactly what I am seeing. Hopefully a resolution to tho issue will be quick.

I tried installing app on the iPad and got the same results. I will try downloading the app again and reinstall the latest firmware again for the camera. The camera does have the latest firmware installed at the moment
Highlighted
GoPro

Hello @kylem7005 and @spadeslayer

This is odd. Will you be able to attach a photo showing the options that you see on the app and the settings that you have on the camera. I am not able to test it directly as I do not have a HERO3+ Black  so I tested it with other HERO3 and HERO4 models. I am able to get to the app and access the settings including Protune, where applicable. Once I get a response from you, I will report this matter to the team to look closer into the App, and isolate whether this is observed with a particular camera model only. 

Thanks, 
Marius