Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Hiker

Protunes vanished from app

[ New ]
Can anyone advise why protunes has vanished from the GoPro app. I’m using a 3+ black. I used to be able to change the settings but I have somehow done something to make it vanish.

Please advise
Hiker

Re: Protunes vanished from app

[ New ]

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @spadeslayer

The Protune settings should still be available on the app.

Try to uninstall and reinstall, see if this gets the option back on your app.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ej

Hiker

[ New ]
Hi, I’ve tried that and even installed the app on my IPad and it still shows the same thing, making me believe I’ve pressed something on the camera
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @spadeslayer

Have you tried pairing the camera with a different phone?

This is just to help isolate the issue further.

If the options are still missing, I recommend doing a manual software update.

https://gopro.com/update/hero3_plus

Hope to hear from you again.

Regards,

Ej

Tourist

[ New ]

Same thing has happened to me after this latest version 5 update. The GoPro app was able to control my Hero 3+ Black just fine before said update. In the app, the settings are stuck on what appears to be the photo mode options, but if I were to change the resolution to say 2.7k, the changes do refelect onto the camera and will record video just fine. After changing the settings everything remains the same on the app, almost as if the screen was frozen. I will attach a screenshot of what my app looks like even though the settings are currently set for video at 2.7k/30fps. I am also missing protune like you mentioned. 

I have contacted GoPro via a phone call and they said that they will get back to me with help as soon as they possibly can. 

1.jpg
Hiker

[ New ]
That is exactly what I am seeing. Hopefully a resolution to tho issue will be quick.

I tried installing app on the iPad and got the same results. I will try downloading the app again and reinstall the latest firmware again for the camera. The camera does have the latest firmware installed at the moment
GoPro

[ New ]

Hello @kylem7005 and @spadeslayer

This is odd. Will you be able to attach a photo showing the options that you see on the app and the settings that you have on the camera. I am not able to test it directly as I do not have a HERO3+ Black  so I tested it with other HERO3 and HERO4 models. I am able to get to the app and access the settings including Protune, where applicable. Once I get a response from you, I will report this matter to the team to look closer into the App, and isolate whether this is observed with a particular camera model only. 

Thanks, 
Marius

Tourist

[ New ]

Hi @mariustanya,

I will attach those two photos below. I will also include a screen capture of me trying to change the resolution in the app. 

42438091_267737087092292_6331390399759777792_n.jpg
And the screen capture video:

https://i.imgur.com/qFCAsaN.mp4

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you, @violentrunning. This is very helpful. I hope the others will be able to post as well. I am submitting a report now. By any chance, have you been able to manually update your camera and tried pairing again? We would like to isolate the issue further by making sure that there is nothing wrong with the current installation, even if the  current installation is already the latest version. Let us know how it works out. Thanks!

Tourist

[ New ]

I have done the manual update, but sadly did not help. I've also uninstalled and installed the app along with trying a different wifi login. Unfortunately none of these things fixed the issue. The camera v3.03 was working just fine with the previous v4.6.1 phone app. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Got it! Thank you again, @violentrunning , for providing all these details. We will keep you posted. 

Hiker

[ New ]
I installed the app on a second device and got the same problems
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @spadeslayer,

This has been raised already. 

We'll keep you posted.

Regards,

-Jay 

Hiker

[ New ]
There is a photo in the comment above. It doesn’t show that protunes is missing but that’s what I’m seeing
GoPro

[ New ]

Hi Everyone, 

Do you have other device? Android specifically. 

Please try if you have one. We'll check if this is just a platform issue. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Tourist

[ New ]

I only have access to Apple products. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Thank you for keeping in touch, @violentrunning. We are waiting for news from the team regarding this issue. We will update this thread as soon as we hear back. 

Tourist

[ New ]

I've received an email from GoPro Support advising to re-update the firmware of my camera. They need to understand that this is not fixing the issue. 

GoPro

[ New ]

Hi @violentrunning

We'll keep you posted. 

Right now we're checking and seems like this is due to iOS update. 

Regards,

-Jay 

Hiker

[ New ]
Having the same problem here with my Hero3+ and on iPhone app.
All firmware up to date, tried reinstalling app but made no difference.
Am having no problems with my other camera though. (Session5)
Hiker

[ New ]
I have not updated to IOS12 yet, I’m still using 11. I’ll try updating the camera again but this didn’t make any difference last time
Tourist

[ New ]

Thank you @mariustanya and @jayr3438 for getting this issue fixed for us Hero 3+ users.

fixed.jpg
Hiker

[ New ]
Second that. All good here now. Many thanks to all that got this fixed so quickly.
One little thing but not something that is ‘life or death’. The reset to default for ProTune seems to be failing but like I say, it’s not something critical. Just thought I’d give you a heads up.
Again, thanks for getting this sorted so quickly. 👍
GoPro

[ New ]

Glad to know that it already working.

Feel free to let us know if you can still spot any bug or glitch regards,

-Jay