Ask a Question
GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Stay stoked.
Announcements
Is your GoPro gear up to date? Check to see If it is on our Update page.
GoPro Apps for Mobile
Sightseer

Re: Protune settings removed from app

[ New ]

My shoots were completely ruined today as I could not change the settings. If this isn't a bug Go pro as a company is done, im sure as hell never going to buy a go pro product again.... are you? I don't think its a bug because clearly they want you to buy the remote to increase revenue.  I paid 500 dollars for this camera and its features. The features I paid for are no longer there which makes the camera useless to me. A wise investor is going in short on the go pro stock . Looks like earnings made it take a nose dive anyway, (-20% friday) so some big funds are probably short already 

How do we get a refund for this useless paper weight?

Hiker

[ New ]

First of all, it's completely unethical to take away a feature that existed when I purchased the product. I paid for the camera AND the software for it (even if it's free, it's still a part of ecosystem, for which I pay). I would not pay $500 otherwise.

Second, it's an essential piece of software. What if I can't reach my camera to make adjustments, camera could be mounted on vehicle/boat/elsewhere. Buy remote? I don't want to charge the remote, I don't want to carry it as it takes space and weight, I don't want to carry extra wires and chargers for it.

I already have my phone, and it worked just fine.

Whoever made a decision to squeeze extra penny by doing such a disrespecful move, please reconsider. GoPro software is already loosing the competiton: no AI features, no subject tracking, no audio enhancement, and now no basic photography functions. Well done, way to go.

Tourist

[ New ]

Another request, same like many others and I did before: Please make another update for the GoPro app (mobile) to return ProTune settings because it is really important. I've bought The Remote because I thought it could control protune but it can't. I've bought brand new GoPro Hero8 and GoPro hero 9 with all the mods available and now I can't work with them. WHY? 

Tourist

[ New ]
Thanks for passing along this info but none of these options work if you mount the GoPro remotely.
Hiker

[ New ]

Here's a thought - instead of referring to the company as "GoPro", let's start calling them "NOPro", since there is no more Protune, and since Pros will never want to use a camera without easy access to shutter speed, etc.

Tourist

[ New ]
Well, I didn’t notice the pro tune settings were gone until I needed to adjust the EV in an unevenly lit scene. Pretty much ruined my plans. I found my older Android tablet and it has a version of the app that still has pro tune settings available, so I can make another attempt tomorrow. I hope they bring it back. Using my iPhone is preferable, than having to haul around another device just to adjust settings.
Tourist

[ New ]

I was super frustrated about this and I found a solution!

There's a 3rd party app called tools for GoPro that maintains the ProTune features.

I also made a video demonstrating how it works here. Check it out!

Tourist

[ New ]

@spirysand33450 wrote:

I was super frustrated about this and I found a solution!

There's a 3rd party app called tools for GoPro that maintains the ProTune features.

I also made a video demonstrating how it works here. Check it out!

Yes until GoPro decides to also remove this 3rd party access in the next firmware release. I expect that to happen very soon given how they are handling this matter.